When do programs start uploading applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Venus21pam

Freakin' peachy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this might be a stupid question but I was wondering if the programs can start downloading stuff on Sept 1st or a later date like the 5th or something??

Members don't see this ad.

programs have the ability to download starting today. but whether they d/l apps everyday is up to them

thanks for the info.
I guess I'm stressing out cuz I had no time to send my appl today. I just got home from work after my 13 hour shift.
Anyways, you think any programs downloaded stuff already?
I'm thinking they probably won't until tuesday (labor day weekend) right?

thanks for the info.
I guess I'm stressing out cuz I had no time to send my appl today. I just got home from work after my 13 hour shift.
Anyways, you think any programs downloaded stuff already?
I'm thinking they probably won't until tuesday (labor day weekend) right?

it was about half and half for the schools I applied to....some were downloading at 8am...others all the way until 430pm today...some have yet to download a thing...

i haven't sent out mine yet either. will try to do so this weekend.

My situation was the same as DreamLover. I wouldn't worry about it, because even the programs that did download stuff have to come back to download the rest - I guess it takes at least 24 hours after you apply for things to get uploaded to the ERAS program where programs can download everything. I would try to have everything in by tuesday, if you can.

File Made Available to ERAS PostOffice: Downloaded by Program:
Photo Not uploaded to PostOffice yet N/A
Personal Statement 1 Not uploaded to PostOffice yet N/A
Letter 1 Not uploaded to PostOffice yet N/A
Letter 2 Not uploaded to PostOffice yet N/A
Letter 3 Not uploaded to PostOffice yet N/A
USMLE Transcript Not uploaded to PostOffice yet N/A
MSPE Not uploaded to PostOffice yet N/A
Transcript Not uploaded to PostOffice yet N/A

I submitted my caf, entered credit card info, and applied to programs like 10 minutes ago.

/I submitted my caf, entered credit card info, and applied to programs like 10 minutes ago.

10 minutes?! Come back when it's 10 days. Seriously, you all need to chill just a little bit.

ERAS is great for applicants b/c you can apply to as many programs as you want with the click of a mouse. On the program side however, it means that every program w/ 10 slots in a popular city gets 1000 applications that they have to slog through. And every med school (never mind the insanity that must rein at ECFMG) has hojiggity million documents they have to upload and there's probably only 1 person assigned to do it (at least that's the way it was in my program w/ ~230 graduating students).

So relax. If November 1 rolls around and you're still waiting for docs to be uploaded (or downloaded), then perhaps you should worry, or maybe even contact someone at your med school rather than random intarwebbary strangers.

For the next 2 months (and this not directed at the OP in particular as there are plenty of people in the same boat), just try to enjoy being a 4th year. This is when it all starts to pay off.

Good luck to all,

BE (now PE)

Okay, where do look to see if stuff has been downloaded yet or not? Is it under each program in the "track applications" icon? Yes, I realize its only been one day and everybodies on vacation because of the long weekend, but if programs HAVE started to download I just want to see.
Thanks

Okay, where do look to see if stuff has been downloaded yet or not? Is it under each program in the "track applications" icon? Yes, I realize its only been one day and everybodies on vacation because of the long weekend, but if programs HAVE started to download I just want to see.
Thanks

uhm...yep...that's where it is

Its highly variable. Since its a holiday weekend guys...I would doubt that anyone will be downloading anything more until Tuesday at the least. Those administrative clerks aren't going to come in on their day off.

At any rate, some download everyday, some once a week, some every two weeks, etc. There is NO way to tell. So just try and relax and give the ERAS server a rest...

I submitted in the morning, a little after 7 AM, Sept. 1 before I headed out to my new rotation. Some programs had things downloaded at 7:30 AM... some haven't done anything though.

My USMLE and MSPE (whatever the heck that is) are not uploaded to post office yet. Without board scores, I seriously doubt they would be reading through everyone's applications at this time (way too much work, and then you would have to again evaluate them after boards are in). Is this the same with everyone else, not having those two uploaded yet??? What is MSPE???

What is MSPE???

The MSPE is a comprehensive assessment, composed on behalf of the medical school faculty, regarding a student's performance, as compared to his/her peers, in achieving the educational objectives of the medical school curriculum. The MSPE is neither a letter of recommendation nor the school's prediction of the student's future performance in a residency program.

The MSPE describes, in a sequential manner, a student's performance, as compared to that of his/her peers, through three full years of medical school and, as much as possible, the fourth year. The MSPE includes an assessment of both the student's academic performance and professional attributes. It often includes bar graphs of your performance, relative to your classmates, year by year and on the USMLE Step 1.

When we review applications for interview and indeed, when we interview, it is included in the packet, so we can get an idea of where you stand relative to others you trained with.

Speaking of MSPE...

I'm a foreign grad and honestly I have no idea whether my school will submit MSPE to ECFMG. I did request it, I even reminded them about it since, but that's as much as I can do from overseas.
On ERAS CAF I checed that it will be submited. Will it hurt my application if it won't?

Is the MSPE the same as the Dean's Letter??

Speaking of MSPE...

I'm a foreign grad and honestly I have no idea whether my school will submit MSPE to ECFMG. I did request it, I even reminded them about it since, but that's as much as I can do from overseas.
On ERAS CAF I checed that it will be submited. Will it hurt my application if it won't?

I suggest you have someone get a copy from your school and send it directly to ECFMG/ERAS.

It's not a matter of mailing it really. It's a matter of the school writing it.
I mean every time I needed something from the Dean't Office they made it seem like they are doing me such a huuuuge favor and I owe them big because they don't usualy do that stuff for regular students so I'm an exception (aparently a very demanding one).
So I'm worried they won't write it for me bacuase it's too much work.:(