Urgent Advice: Apply without LoRs uploaded?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wanderer HitchHiker

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My whole application is complete, except for my LoRs which are still processed. I don't expect them to be uploaded before Oct 21. What would be the best approach, to submit my application before Oct 21 then when they are uploaded assign them to the programs, or wait until I assign them to the programs then submit?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you, really appreciate your response. I am concerned that the application would be filtered by almost all the programs before my letters get uploaded

Thank you, really appreciate your response. I am concerned that the application would be filtered by almost all the programs before my letters get uploaded
This concern is always raised, and it is always wrong. When you upload your LORs, any programs which may have marked your app as incomplete and set it aside will receive your LORs; I have never sat on the side of a program receiving applications, but my understanding is that your app then gets released for review. It would be dumb to auto-reject incomplete applications because there are a lot of applications that aren't complete on the date that the application opens.

Conversely, there are some programs which will review your app even if it's incomplete, because they assume you will add the missing pieces in relatively short order. Thus, you always, 100% of the time, should apply on the day that the application opens to take advantage of the chance to be reviewed by those programs earlier.

Reactions: 1 users
Truly appreciate your feedback. I have asked our program coordinator and she said almost the same thing you have mentioned about marking it incomplete but to be reviewed later. I have submitted my application this morning before 9am with zero LoRs uploaded yet :D

Reactions: 1 user
Have the LoRs been submitted by your writers, or are you waiting on ERAS to attach to your application? If the former, then a gentle reminder oftentimes works wonders...(you know, ERAS opened this morning..really need your letter)

It is the latter, the LoRs are already uploaded and being processed but still not available to assign!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user