When do OAT's score expire?

saloo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my OAT in Dec of 2007 and my question is, are they still valid for this year's application process? I was told by ICO that it's not, that it expires after 2 years. This is however from their FAQ section:

How long are my OAT scores valid?
Test scores two years older than the August 1 application start date will not be considered.

I am a bit confused... Are they still valid then?

Members don't see this ad.

No. If you're applying July of 2010, then December of 2007 is still more than two years older.

edit: unless if by "this year" you mean, the cycle that started July 2009. In that case I'd call back.

i don't think that the scores "expire." but the older the scores are, the less competitive you'll be. every school is a bit different, as is the case with ICO.

the ICO website states "For application to the entering class of 2010, scores including and since August 2007 are valid." so scores from august 2007 and after are acceptable.

They most definitely expire after two years. This is two years from the start of the admissions process for the entering year in question. The reason no scores before August 2007 can be used for the entering class of 2010 is that the admissions cycle for entering class of 2010 started in August 2009, hence any scores from before August 2007 are ineligible scores for applying for this current cycle (entering class of 2010).