Whats your class fail rate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lubeckd

Learner
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My class had 220 students, 180 graduated. with 20 from the year before taking 20 seats. So real graduation rate is 160/220. 72% or or 81 percent success rate. Whats yours?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
AI pass rate is 100%

Members don't see this ad :)
first year was the biggest drop out wave, there were like 10 people who never came back after 1st semester. most went to medical schools. a few went to dental schools, and two guys quit and started working in pharma startups, and one switched to phd.
second year i started skipping all lectures so i can't really tell. i heard 1-2 person failed courses so they had to delay graduation, and a few had to delay a year due to health problems.
third year i think there were a few more delays due to course failures.
fourth year i have no clue. i would expect vast majority pass their rotations and graduate
overall i would say maybe like >75%ish is expected to graduate on time next year with me.

About 5% left during P1 year because they decided they didn't want to do pharmacy.
Then about 3-4% failed a class and got held back, we gained people from upper classes though so worked out about the same by graduation.

I feel bad because our program was pretty rigorous, and those people that got held back or failed out probably wouldn't have had these problems at a easier school, yet once you graduate no one really cares which school you went to...

Lol -- why would they be hired at a pharma start up with no degree ?
well, one had a biochem bachelor degree with coop experience from a top 30 school, the other one had extensive research experience, so they both got hired.

It would be super ironic when they accumulate enough experience and switch to management positions and easily out-earn those who decided to stay and do their PGY-1, PGY-2, PGY-3, or their startups can get bought out and they make a ton of $$$ to retire early. who knows?

Also because of the new age changing. You will find the old ways don't work anymore. I embrace the new age. What I'm trying to say is you can get into whatever field you want. I'm encouraging not attacking :). I hope you find out what I mean by then :)

Also because of the new age changing. You will find the old ways don't work anymore. I embrace the new age. What I'm trying to say is you can get into whatever field you want. I'm encouraging not attacking :). I hope you find out what I mean by then :)
if the old way still works, why do they keep complaining hours get cut and no jobs? isn't a doctor of pharmacy degree supposed to guarantee a good life? ;)

if the old way still works, why do they keep complaining hours get cut and no jobs? isn't a doctor of pharmacy degree supposed to guarantee a good life? ;)
I actually have no debt. Making a lot, backups are all ready. I don't care about titles or degrees. I told you before

Last edited:
  • Haha

Cause employers who value skills don't give a crap about academia. See silicon valley, you don't even need a degree if you can code.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
If you get the cfa to level 3 you don't need a finance degree lol. Banks look for you

True, but most people aren't capable of that, which is why it's a rare skill.

For my school, it was dropping yearly. They lowered their standards for accepting people into the school so much that the year 2 years under my class started with a class size of 60? and dropped to around half that by P3 year.