Help! Failed 2 Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s probably a great time to be a nursing graduate this year — so many openings, and hospitals that went to “1yr experience required” are taking anybody/everybody they can (like hiring before licensure, even).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s probably a great time to be a nursing graduate this year — so many openings, and hospitals that went to “1yr experience required” are taking anybody/everybody they can (like hiring before licensure, even).
Sweet! I didn't know. I mean I still like to be heavily involved in the health profession field. I'm probably having a mid mid life crisis. I really don't think I enjoyed myself doing pharmacy especially with my past rotations and I just never felt motivated and super worried to do anything or how I would be perceived doing this profession. I might think that route. I do also like physical therapy as an occupation.

Perhaps you failing these classes is blessing in disguise.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to contemplate whether this profession is right for you- both academically and beyond graduation.
As a pharmacy graduate, I wish someone would've convinced me to pursue career in IT or engineering.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps you failing these classes is blessing in disguise.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to contemplate whether this profession is right for you- both academically and beyond graduation.
As a pharmacy graduate, I wish someone would've convinced me to pursue career in IT or engineering.
Is it okay if I DM you? Just wanted advice about my situation.

Pharmacy sucks. How many pharmacists do you know that like their job? There aren't many. Most of them can't wait to get home once their shift ends.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it okay if I DM you? Just wanted advice about my situation.
Just consider these 2 points:
1) Are you confident you'll be successful in remediation of P2, then P3, P4, and Naplex/MPJE?
2) Will you be happy as a pharmacist? Majority of the jobs are in retail. Yes there are options outside of retail but the odds are against you (as they were for me).

Whatever you decide to do, good luck.

Just wanted to update about my situation:

So it turns out my mental health issues regarding anxiety was misdiagnosis. Turns out I have ADHD and it went undiagnosed for years. I took action to help me with that so I don't fail my year again.
My new cohort is pretty chill (still trying to make friends though :cryi:). I found out 2 other people failed so they are repeating a few classes which kind of makes me feel a little better. I definitely overreacted with my initial response. I feel a little more confident with myself now that I am pacing myself and reviewing the material pretty much every single day. I give a lot of tips to the students on how to go about each class, especially therapeutics, and they seem really grateful.

Thanks for the meaningful advice and kind words everyone!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t know of any nurses making what I am making while living in their own designated communities without being a nurse anesthetist. Also let‘s not kid ourselves — during the pandemic, especially pre-vaccine, their risks have been significantly greater than ours.

Not sure how much you make, but most NA make 200-250k (and that’s out of school) which is about 3x the going rate for new grad pharmacists, so wouldn’t be a relevant comparison. I agree though, no for nursing, PA/NP would be much better choices as neither take less than 100k+ bonuses out of school, 150k for PAs in ortho/derm being the norm after a couple of years.

Just consider these 2 points:
1) Are you confident you'll be successful in remediation of P2, then P3, P4, and Naplex/MPJE?
2) Will you be happy as a pharmacist? Majority of the jobs are in retail. Yes there are options outside of retail but the odds are against you (as they were for me).

Whatever you decide to do, good luck.

This. OP, this is a case of “even if you win, you still loose”.