what to do in undergrad for plastics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

weelilmd92

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i'm new at this so sorry if i'm not doing this right :oops:

I know this may be too early to worry about this (i was just accepted into a new bsmd program in Nevada, so i'm starting undergrad this fall and will go straight to med school after three yrs undergrad), but I'm really interested in plastics. My sister matched into plastics, but she is super smart and i just want to obtain a greater chance of matching by the time i get there.

Is there anything I should do in undergrad to help me do this?!

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I hear that in your first and second year you can start scrubbing into surgeries and showing interest. Maybe do some research in the area too. That's what my bro told me and he's doing his GS residency.

Hi, i'm new at this so sorry if i'm not doing this right :oops:

I know this may be too early to worry about this (i was just accepted into a new bsmd program in Nevada, so i'm starting undergrad this fall and will go straight to med school after three yrs undergrad), but I'm really interested in plastics. My sister matched into plastics, but she is super smart and i just want to obtain a greater chance of matching by the time i get there.

Is there anything I should do in undergrad to help me do this?!

thanks

Build relationships with plastic surgeons and try to get in on any plastics-related research that you can. Is your sister from UN-Las Vegas?

Members don't see this ad :)
my sis matched into unlv's residency :D

I met Nancy when she was interviewing and I knew she would match. Congratulations to her. She should have some excellent advice for you.