what time does it start?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAbroiler

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
does the test start at 8am like first aid says? what time should we should get there? does it differ by testing location?

i'm taking it in LA. any tips on that location?

Members don't see this ad.

From 8am until, roughly 8:30, the staff and examinees wait in a room to collect the registration forms, distribute the numbered pins examinees wear on their coats, go over some rules, etc. Around 8:30, everyone moves to the break room for a formal orientation which lasted until around 9am. The exam started around 9am and ended btwn 3:10-3:20. This was at the Chicago site.

From 8am until, roughly 8:30, the staff and examinees wait in a room to collect the registration forms, distribute the numbered pins examinees wear on their coats, go over some rules, etc. Around 8:30, everyone moves to the break room for a formal orientation which lasted until around 9am. The exam started around 9am and ended btwn 3:10-3:20. This was at the Chicago site.

This was pretty much the same for Houston, except we probably got out around 3:30 to 3:45. For those who might forget either their stethoscope or lab coat, don't panic. They do have extras. One guy in my group had lost his luggage and was panicking!

Took mine in Atlanta and had similar time frame. Show up for 8AM, and expect to get out about 3-3:10PM.

Jamrock

Members don't see this ad :)
I took mine in Houston. There were a bunch of us there at 7:30 AM. We registered and just chitchated in the registration room till everyone arrived. Got out around 3:20 PM.

The exam (in LA) is just like everyone else has said. It is located on the 13th floor of an office building. I don't know what accomodations you have made for the night before or if you are driving from home, but I enjoyed staying in a hotel that was within walking distance so that I didn't need to worry about catching a cab or dealing with the hotel's shuttle service prior to the exam.