What should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatguyinschool

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am about to finish up last semester of college, taking about 14 credits all science. Been considering podiatry for a while now and well here is where I am at would love some advice.

Current sGPA which includes no math classes, a course I took in high school that got transferred, and two F's that I received if I did it correctly I am at a 2.48 gpa.
cGPA which includes this two Fs as well is a 2.95 which I am sure I can get it above the 3 mark next semester.

This semester I was able to pull of a 3.5 GPA which was all science classes about 12 credits, and an A- in Orgo, which I got an F in the previous semester. Made the deans list.

Did not take the MCAT yet.

So my questions are;
Do podiatry schools do F replacement?
What are my chances right now?
Which schools are waving the MCAT this semester?
What should I do next?

Any other input would be appreciated like always.

Stay safe everyone,
thatguyinschool.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I am about to finish up last semester of college, taking about 14 credits all science. Been considering podiatry for a while now and well here is where I am at would love some advice.

Current sGPA which includes no math classes, a course I took in high school that got transferred, and two F's that I received if I did it correctly I am at a 2.48 gpa.
cGPA which includes this two Fs as well is a 2.95 which I am sure I can get it above the 3 mark next semester.

This semester I was able to pull of a 3.5 GPA which was all science classes about 12 credits, and an A- in Orgo, which I got an F in the previous semester. Made the deans list.

So my questions are;
What should I do next?

Stay safe everyone,
thatguyinschool.
So first things first there is no grade replacement so what ya have is what they will see. The GPAs are both low and even with a positive trend it still isn’t favorable. To be honest with you the MCAT may be your only chance at gaining acceptance. If you put your head down and grind and blow the MCAT out of the water you may just find a program looking to fill a seat. I’m not trying to be mean or rude just honest. Podiatry isn’t med school lite and they expect from day one that you are up for the challenge and with your current stats most adcoms wouldn’t give you the time of day. I hope that you are in a position to work hard in your last semester and get those GPAs a bit higher but even after that it is pretty bleak. Study hard for the MCAT and maybe you’ll have a shot.

Reactions: 2 users
Everyone likes to skip the MCAT using COVID as an excuse to get in.

You need to take the MCAT and see where you stand. You will be taking standardized exams for your entire life after getting in. You need to learn how to prepare for one.

Set up a date for it and study your butt off. Take it and see if your score is high enough to offset your low GPA. Shoot for 500+ and you'll get in.

Reactions: 1 user

So my questions are;
What should I do next?

Stay safe everyone,
thatguyinschool.

You're not ready for Podiatry school. I would follow the above advice and plan to take a course or two if needed.
If you received a C for any of the premed courses, then consider retaking them. But before that, make a schedule, get the required resources, and study for the MCAT. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users