What should I do in my current situation? (Rec letters)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Misterpodia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

So I have my first interview tomorrow and I only have 2 LOR out of 3. (One professor and one DPM).
I requested for the LORs towards the end of March. The remaining professor who haven't submitted her recommendation letter to Interfolio yet AGREED/ACCEPTED to write my letter on April 1st (a week after I requested for one), but at this current moment, she still did not submit anything, isn't responding to my email, and I have no clue whether I should be proactive and ask my PI (who wrote my other recommendation) to walk down the hall and ask about my recommendation letter.

My undergraduate university is 5 hours away so I can't even physically go to her office...

Should I let adcom know tomorrow that there is still one letter coming in tomorrow during the interview? I am so concern that this will blotch my admission chances....

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone

So I have my first interview tomorrow and I only have 2 LOR out of 3. (One professor and one DPM).
I requested for the LORs towards the end of March. The remaining professor who haven't submitted her recommendation letter to Interfolio yet AGREED/ACCEPTED to write my letter on April 1st (a week after I requested for one), but at this current moment, she still did not submit anything, isn't responding to my email, and I have no clue whether I should be proactive and ask my PI (who wrote my other recommendation) to walk down the hall and ask about my recommendation letter.

My undergraduate university is 5 hours away so I can't even physically go to her office...

Should I let adcom know tomorrow that there is still one letter coming in tomorrow during the interview? I am so concern that this will blotch my admission chances....

First of all, stop. Don't worry about it. 2 letters of recommendation is fine, and the schools can wait for the 3rd however long they need if they even want to. but honestly most of the time with letters, it's just a formality. People get accepted all the time even without LoR's sent in yet. Don't bother your teacher too much with a million emails. Send one periodically to remind her but don't make a huge deal out of it. I know it's frustrating and most of us have been there through it, but it's really not a big deal.

Focus more on preparing to nail your interview. Go over questions and have good answers prepared. Most of all don't be nervous, the majority of the interviews are very laid back. Also, think of plenty of good questions to ask your interviewer at the end. They love that.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you!

Will focus on finishing up the interview prep and running a mock interview with my supervisor.
I believe I have to be more on edge because NYCPM has a rep for grilling low GPA's (which I have... LOL)
I am a non-trad applicant so being grilled/interrogated is something I am not used since I hold a mid-management position at my job.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!

Will focus on finishing up the interview prep and running a mock interview with my supervisor.
I believe I have to be more on edge because NYCPM has a rep for grilling low GPA's (which I have... LOL)
I am a non-trad applicant so being grilled/interrogated is something I am not used since I hold a mid-management position at my job.

Be confident.

Reply humbly and truthfully.
Pinpoint your weaknesses and own up to it before they get a chance.
Tell them what you've done differently between then and now.
Tell them what you've continued to do to improve enough for podiatry school.

Don't worry about rec letters. I didn't send mine to any of the schools until after all my interviews were over.