What PT schools should I consider?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

craftycuppso

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just decided to get into PT after originally being premed thinking of going into chiropractic (after surviving O-chem for a year too yuck). I'm currently a junior w/ a 3.31gpa (which should go up after this trimester) and decent extracurriculars. I'm from the Illinois area, and was wondering what grad schools I should consider applying to? I am currently looking at Northwestern and Wash U. How do these two compare?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone. I just decided to get into PT after originally being premed thinking of going into chiropractic (after surviving O-chem for a year too yuck). I'm currently a junior w/ a 3.31gpa (which should go up after this trimester) and decent extracurriculars. I'm from the Illinois area, and was wondering what grad schools I should consider applying to? I am currently looking at Northwestern and Wash U. How do these two compare?

Both are great schools but expensive. I already applied to NWU and waiting for a decision. Start volunteering at a PT clinic and make sure you have at least 100 hrs. Most schools require volunteer hours. But NWU though doesn't. Their minimum GPA req is 2.75, but I highly doubt they will accept students with a GPA under 3.0. For GREs they don't have a set requirement, but try to get at least a 1000. I'd say apply to both but NWU's tuition is 30k and thats only the tuition part not counting books, rent, and living expenses. Start the process now. Go to http://www.apta.org/AM/Template.cfm...schools/acc_schools_map.cfm&process=3&type=PT
and search for schools that may interest you. Good luck.