What other resources should I use to improve DAT third retake??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lordress

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Retook the DAT in 2018 and my resource was DAT Bootcamp only. The first time I was studying was from an outdated book and did not do my research.

Scores

PAT: 26
QR: 15
RC: 23
BIO: 20
GC: 17
OC: 20
TS: 19
AA: 19

I applied to ten schools with this score and below average GPA. Have not heard from half, and rejected to a couple due to the cut off score of 18 for all section and low sGPA. Understandable. So I need to increase my DAT score although I still have a college semester left. If I do well, my GPA can go to a 3.4 ideally. So I need my scores all to be in the 20s to improve my application.

Apparently, I should have look at this forum but was overwhelming with the amount of information. I just choose one resource and went with it. So it looks like the higher scorers uses DAT + MATH Destroyer? What other resources do you recommend?

Thank you for replying.

Members don't see this ad.

Your scores aren't that bad , you just need to bring them up a bit, sounds easy, but I realize it is not as easy as some people think. With some hard work and a different strategy you should be able to move those scores up. I am sure others will chime in, and there are also a lot of free materials you can add to your arsenal and several study groups. I noticed your QR and GC scores are on the lower side, and after working with students many years I have found that a student that struggles with math will be challenged on the DAT if the GenChem they are presented on their version of DAT exam has a lot of calculations. There are also a lot of free math videos you can use online that are found on youtube.

Wishing you the best and let's rock 2020 on the DAT and always #think30

Nancy, co/owner, orgoman/DAT Destroyer

Last edited:
People on here will adamantly support one resource over another, so it's hard to get unbiased opinions. I'd personally recommend going through breakdowns and seeing how other people studied. At the bottom of the first post in this thread (Compilation - DAT Breakdown Collection! 2017-Present), you'll find retake success stories, and I think you might find those the most helpful. This thread (Forum Members - DAT Summary, Tips, & Tricks) has a list of the most commonly used resources. Read the breakdowns first, figure out what materials people used, and then make a study schedule, and go from there.

Overall, I'd say the common top three resources are DAT Bootcamp, DAT Destroyer/Math Destroyer, and PATBooster. All of these really are just practice questions, so you need to make sure you have a solid foundation first. People use Chad's videos for GC/OC, Khan Academy videos for QR, Cliff's bio/Feralis/DAT BC Bio Notes/Destroyer Dynamite Review for Bio. You seem to have Bio and OC decently down, and RC and PAT really well down, so focus on videos to raise your GC/QR scores.

Look at the two links I posted and always take everyone's advice with a grain of salt ;) Everyone gets a different version of the DAT and what worked for one person may not necessarily work for you. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Like artist2022 mentioned, reading through breakdowns is a good way to find what works best for you. People are unfortunately biased to what they know when answering someone like you thinking what worked best for them would work for anyone which completely disregards others who didn't do so well using said resource but you wouldn't hear from those since they aren't keen on sharing their failure on this forum.
Spend a day doing your own research by reading breakdowns is the best thing I can tell you.