What is important??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lillytwig

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spoke to an admissions coordinator today, and said that physics is important to have. is this true?? what is the math side of podiatry, and more importantly, podiatry school like?? if i kinda bullsh_t my way through calculus and phys 1, will i be in deep **** when i get to school?? i was shooting for dentistry, and i know there is little or no physics involved with d school. physics isn't even on the DAT!! let me know! :D

Members don't see this ad.

It's the same thing why physics is important to MD/DO school. It's applying the concepts with the knowledge that you learn.

Physics is a topic of abstract ideas and sometimes B.S.ing your way through a problem. I think that comes into play a lot in med school. You can try to memorize everything but it will never work. It is more important that you are able to apply the knowledge and find the right answer.

I think that physics is also really important to pods b/c we deal w/ so much biomechanics. If you cannot grasp the ideas of torques, levers, planal dominance, you have difficulty in planning surgeries and understanding dysfunctions.