How important is the interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sooperman

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I am a high stats applicant (3.5+ and 25+)? If I bomb it, do I have a better chance of getting rejected or still being accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've heard from a lot of people that the dean offers admission to many students immediately after the interview. If you are not offered a place in the school then, are your chances slim?

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard from a lot of people that the dean offers admission to many students immediately after the interview. If you are not offered a place in the school then, are your chances slim?

Thoughts?

I don't know how true this is. If you look at the official acceptances thread from last year, most people got their acceptance about a week or so after their interview. So I don't think your chances are slim at all after the interview.
Some podiatry students on here have also referenced to how ridiculously easy the interviews are though. Why do you (OP) think you will bomb your interview?

Why do you (OP) think you will bomb your interview?

I also am curious to know! I think mostly the interviews are to see if you are genuinely interested in podiatry and that particular school, and to make sure you are personable.

I also am curious to know! I think mostly the interviews are to see if you are genuinely interested in podiatry and that particular school, and to make sure you are personable.

I'm just afraid of getting too nervous and choking the interview. I just don't have a ton of experience interviewing and I hope that doesn't hinder me.

If I am a high stats applicant (3.5+ and 25+)? If I bomb it, do I have a better chance of getting rejected or still being accepted?

some schools will use the interview to asses your knowledge of the profession i.e. ask you what part of podiatry appeals most to you or what your thoughts are on scope of practice etc. i had both of those questions. So know your stuff, act normal and you'll be fine. In my opinion its the least stressful part of the application cycle and a great opportunity to seal the deal on some scholarship money.

I don't know how true this is. If you look at the official acceptances thread from last year, most people got their acceptance about a week or so after their interview. So I don't think your chances are slim at all after the interview.
Some podiatry students on here have also referenced to how ridiculously easy the interviews are though. Why do you (OP) think you will bomb your interview?

Cool thanks :)

To the OP:
I heard the reference materials about interviews on SDN are useful so you should use that to prepare. Good luck!