How important is the personal statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yazo2

Reaction score
Hey,

I've looked around at threads about how to write personal statements and I'm finishing mine up (I hope to submit my application tomorrow! :D), but how important is it really?

I've seen a lot of MD applicants make a huge deal out of it, do multiple revisions and have many people check it, but I read that for podiatry it's mostly a formality. Is this true?

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen a lot of MD applicants make a huge deal out of it, do multiple revisions and have many people check it, but I read that for podiatry it's mostly a formality. Is this true?
That's because MD schools are very competitive. Every part of the application may play for or against you.

In pod world, PS is important, but not extremely important because if you have good enough stats and did good enough on the interview, they wont reject you just because of average or below average PS.

If your stats are lower than average, great PS can get you couple points over other below average applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Had low stats.
Had a fantastic PS.
Still here.
That's because MD schools are very competitive. Every part of the application may play for or against you.

In pod world, PS is important, but not extremely important because if you have good enough stats and did good enough on the interview, they wont reject you just because of average or below average PS.

If your stats are lower than average, great PS can get you couple points over other below average applicants.
Thanks. I hope that you guys don't mind me asking, but I have another question.

I just went on the AAMC website and sent my MCAT score to the AACPMAS application electronically, but I didn't get any notification. Does it take a while to show up?

Thanks. I hope that you guys don't mind me asking, but I have another question.

I just went on the AAMC website and sent my MCAT score to the AACPMAS application electronically, but I didn't get any notification. Does it take a while to show up?
Takes a while.

If it isn't verified, call AACPMAS and they usually get it solved pretty quick.

Reactions: 2 users