What happened to U. Colorado?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thenavysurgeon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to U. of Colorado's plastics program?

A friend of mine was in mid-fellowship when the program closed..she's out of job, back in town, and looking for work as a gen surgeon until she can figure out what to do...sucks.

Anyway, she tells me the program 'closed' but is not specific why it closed.

I emailed the dept. to ask what was up, and have not received any replys?

Anyone know?

TNS

Members don't see this ad.

I would think it is very likely that you wouldn't recieve a reply from the department. You will probably get the most accurate information from your friend, who was actually in the program when it folded. I don't know if I would look too hard, people may be a little sensitive about it. When I was getting my application stuff together I showed my advisor a list of programs that was like a year old or so and he knew that Colorado had folded, but didn't say why and I didn't ask. That was several months ago. I met one of the fellows from Colorado on a plane a few years ago and he said they got worked like rented mules, but I doubt that had anything to do with them closing.

dude,

that's the funny part...my friend has been really closed lip about what happened at Colorado...very strange.

It must be very complicated then.