What groups take partners?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted50478

F 'management' companies and no new partners groups

Members don't see this ad.

Those jobs are out there, but you may have to move to somewhere that is not high on your list of desired locations.
If that's not a problem, you should be able to cast a wide net, work any residency network connections, and find one. People screw themselves by being very geographically limited, and lazy.
Even academia can be a good job, as long as you find a 90th percentile location.

I interviewed for 15 months in three different states in the Midwest, Southwest and South before landing this job in the Southwest. Most of all the groups had partnership tracks although a couple were AMC's. 10 Interviews, 2 AMCs, 5 physician only and others ACTs with partnership tracks. One, (UTSW's old group) was most likely on the verge of selling out. Sad.

They are out there. Gotta be willing to look, maybe for a while and in different locations like IlDestriero said. So as you can see, the majority of my interviews did offer partnership tracks typically 2-3 years with a monetary buy in except for this group that I am going to be joining. Just time with them. Oh and the group I am leaving is a partnership track position. Hate the location though. NE, cold and ugly.

I had no contacts from residency to help me out by the way. Had a terrible time there and the connections I had from there didn't have any contacts for me where I was looking and it wasn't like my PD was going to help me. Most everything I found online advertised and a few by cold calling.

They are out there.

I don't know about the lazy thing, as I have no desire to work more than 45-50hours a week myself. There was a group were the partners all made >550-600 out in the SW, but they worked like dogs, and did all OBGYNE. No thank you, I will take a paycut and enjoy time away from work. Another partner in the South (TX) (very money hungry) also worked like a dog and made >600k the first few years out of residency, but hardly took vacation. The regular working folk made less though but still plenty to live well.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I went to Medical school in Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Oklahoma. All the big groups there took on new partners. It is probably closely related to supply and demand issues of state. Oklahoma should be easy...Los Angeles..not so much.