Hinsdale IL? And other near Chicago groups?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will the deal be good enough to retain them all? Will Endeavor overlords improve the QoL for existing docs in anyway? Dupage Valley had seemingly a lot of attrition due to their work hours.

I dont know all the details. I know they are a solid anesthesia group with excellent leadership. Seems like the other groups at other hospitals basically disolved and left after Endeavor health came in and tried to pull people inhouse

Members don't see this ad.

I dont know all the details. I know they are a solid anesthesia group with excellent leadership. Seems like the other groups at other hospitals basically disolved and left after Endeavor health came in and tried to pull people inhouse
Yeah. Northwest Community failed. Now mostly locums. Good for those who capitalize on that. But I hear those who stayed and signed on are sort of pr/(ks to locums by micromanaging their way of doing anesthesia.

I’m not sure if they will now behave differently with Elmhurst or Edwards or will just forget their stupidity at Northwest. Once again, provide incumbents with some control and decent lifestyle to keep them happy and signing them up. But I think Endeavor is looking at solely an ACT model eventually meaning getting rid of as many docs as possible except having them take call. I believe you need a 5p-7a CRNA for OR and OB if a doc is going to be in house in some ACT model, but they don’t take call usually. So docs get forked and they don’t want to keep enough so the call rotation is decent.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah. Northwest Community failed. Now mostly locums. Good for those who capitalize on that. But I hear those who stayed and signed on are sort of pr/(ks to locums by micromanaging their way of doing anesthesia.

I’m not sure if they will now behave differently with Elmhurst or Edwards or will just forget their stupidity at Northwest. Once again, provide incumbents with some control and decent lifestyle to keep them happy and signing them up. But I think Endeavor is looking at solely an ACT model eventually meaning getting rid of as many docs as possible except having them take call. I believe you need a 5p-7a CRNA for OR and OB if a doc is going to be in house in some ACT model, but they don’t take call usually. So docs get forked and they don’t want to keep enough so the call rotation is decent.

North shore has a crna school. Rumor I heard is that nch is giving out big bonus to recruit these crnas. Imagine you sign up and supervise these brand new crnas.

Probably act model with doc to take the calls.

Members don't see this ad :)
North shore has a crna school. Rumor I heard is that nch is giving out big bonus to recruit these crnas. Imagine you sign up and supervise these brand new crnas.

Probably act model with doc to take the calls.
Yeah. We Endeavor to provide you with NurseShore anesthesia. They should just tag team with NurseStar. I’ve heard a few people say that the clinical chair has become a sellout for docs and let a lot of his former residents get kicked out of Northwest as a private group. He also was dismissive (or even spiteful?) to residents that didn’t want to do cardiac. Is it gossip or a real reflection of his personality? I don’t know. I like cardiac but didn’t want to do the fellowship at that time. Wouldn’t want that kinda discrimination just because my interests at the time didn’t align with an attending.

Reactions: 1 user
So an old friend interviewed with Hinsdale LaGrange group in Illinois. She mentioned people were nice like during all interviews.

Does anyone know the politics and culture? She mentioned that the contract goes 2 more years like most. How are the anesthesia partners really like? Collegial or just do the **** cases for me?

Of course nothing is a forever job just like 1099. Apparently you can work 8 or 10h and not take call or weekends. Pay is going to reflect that around 325k if 40 weekly. This is typical IL when not taking call.

Sounds like a lot of **** going on. Anybody found a spot that does like 40 hours max a week? I don’t care about ASCs or **** private groups.

Does anyone know about Silver Cross Hospital? What’s the patient type like? High acuity? Supervision? Can PM me

Some new information from a former resident. Everyone should avoid Aurora, IL. The current CRNAs and docs are going to jump ship like every place before.

Deathstar is coming in and the call is Q4! Worst part is cross coverage of the OR at night with a busy OB and probably no post call day off. Stretching docs to eventual OB disaster. Risking your license for an AMC seems foolish even if they offer a “good” package.
I think that’s all true. Nobody should ever take a Northstar or AMC job. They are license risking everywhere!

Saw posting for Saint Anthony hospital. Searched map and found to be in city. Looks like a small older place. Any thought on it being bad or good?

I would say this was my assessment of NCH as well. Accurate.

What’s terrible about the hospital itself? Is it unsafe for anesthesia? Bad calls? Can PM me

Small, dinky, actually slated to be demolished years ago. It is next to the hood. My wife used to work there in a non anesthesia role so ive physically walked through the place. A colleague of mine had worked there for 1 call shift as locum. nobody knows anything to help you if there is an emergency. It's all On u. He quit because he felt it was unsafe