What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JA_Perez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Considering that I am in the upper third of my class and scored 235 on the Step 1(95th percentile). Can somebody tell me how competitive am I? Where should I apply considering that I am a bilingual latin but mainly a spanish speaker. Don't get me wrong, I do speak english, but you know,with the accent. I really can use some advice in this,because my interest in radiology is genuine.

Thank you in advance,
Javier Antonio P?rez MSIII:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Your chances are just as good as mine, unless you are an fmg. I second endo in that a 235 is 1 SD above the mean. Just do your best from now on, and quit worrying about your chances. I have a 234 and am above average in my class, and I consider myself as the common Joe when applying to radiology. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not lying doctors. When my results came home, it said 235 and 95 in double digits. I may be confused. Is the double digit the same as the percentile? Can the double digits change from session to session?

Thank you anyways for the feedback...

The double digit score is NOT percentile ranking...

The double-digit score is simply your triple-digit score adjusted such that 75 is the mean (instead of 215, or whatever the actual mean is this year). They provide this score because somewhere, some entity in medical education requires this.

Craig

Thank you guys for the info. Even though I am not in the top of the chain, I'm still positive about Radiology. That is what I want even if it means doing research for 1 additional year. Good luck to everybody.

Peace to the world.

dude, think positive. just be yourself and you won't have to do a research year. During interviews, show your eagerness and let your personality shine. :cool: