What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nanubunu

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My cumulative GPA is 3.54, science GPA is 3.44.

My first MCAT (485) was 120 Chem/Physics, 122 CARS, 120 Bio/Biochem, and 123 Psych/Sociology.

I retook my MCAT (492) and got the score: 124 Chem/Physics, 118 CARS, 125 Bio/Biochem, and 125 Psych/Sociology.

I am shadowing two podiatrists currently and hoping to get a DPM letter. I have shadowed physicians and surgeons, volunteered at hospitals, tutored students from low income backgrounds, and I dance as my hobby. I have 1000+ hours of research including undergrad summer research.

Given my background, would I be given any consideration for admission? My CARS score just lowered everything down. I am planning to retake the MCAT in January 2021.

Thank you so much! Be honest :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

My first MCAT (485) was 120 Chem/Physics, 122 CARS, 120 Bio/Biochem, and 123 Psych/Sociology.

I retook my MCAT (492) and got the score: 124 Chem/Physics, 118 CARS, 125 Bio/Biochem, and 125 Psych/Sociology.

I am shadowing two podiatrists currently and hoping to get a DPM letter. I have shadowed physicians and surgeons, volunteered at hospitals, tutored students from low income backgrounds, and I dance as my hobby. I have 1000+ hours of research including undergrad summer research.

Given my background, would I be given any consideration for admission? My CARS score just lowered everything down. I am planning to retake the MCAT in January 2021.

You are fine with 492 MCAT. No need to retake it unless you want more scholarship money.

Hey guys,

There is a separate thread for chances/odds for school so I recommend posting/taking a look there.

Your GPA looks fine. Retake the MCAT because if you can replicate your scores plus a higher CARS score you will be a shoe in at most schools plus probably some scholarship money. Just make sure this is what you want to do vs MD/DO.