What Are My Chances To Get Into Sackler???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DR. BOSTON

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I wanted to know what everyone thought of my chances to get into sackler...i really want to go there...

my stats are:

Mcat: 28s

P-12
B-10
v- 6
Writing: S

My GPA is about a 3.6 from a well respected university..

my extracurricular and letters of reccomendation are as good as possible...

should i apply as early as possible?? next week? when would i find out if i got accepted??

any other info would really be great, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Yea I would love to know what my chances are also! I'm on 3 waitlists in America but I think Sackler sounds like an incredible opportunity better than any American school can offer. I have a 30 and a 3.4 from U of Michigan. I'm thinking of doing Magen David Adom this year and maybe working in Tel Aviv at a hospital as well. Will this increase my chances of getting in?
Dr. Boston did you apply to American schools yet? Your GPA is really good and so are your MCAT's I would definitly apply if I were you. Are you also going to apply to Ben-Gurion?
Good Luck

hey berry i too went to UofM and just started at BGU-CU. If you are interested in the program I would be glad to try to answer any questions you might have. I am not sure if it helped or not but 2 studnets from my class did Magen David Adom for 10 months last year and both of them seemed to really enjoy it.

DR. BOSTON said:
Hey, I wanted to know what everyone thought of my chances to get into sackler...i really want to go there...

my stats are:

Mcat: 28s

P-12
B-10
v- 6
Writing: S

My GPA is about a 3.6 from a well respected university..

my extracurricular and letters of reccomendation are as good as possible...

should i apply as early as possible?? next week? when would i find out if i got accepted??

any other info would really be great, thank you!

After researching sackler and applying, I can shed some light into this matter.
Sackler claims that the the avg. gpa of accepted students is roughly 3.5 (or slightly less). MCAT scores are avg. Essentially that puts you (DR. BOSTON) in a good position.

After speaking with students in the program there are definitely individuals who scored considerably lower (especially on the MCAT). GPA's tend to fluctuate but 3.4-3.5 is fairlyaccurate from what I know.

I applied to the program with an almost perfect GPA and an avg. MCAT
I was rejected and not even granted an interview.

While I have no problem with the rejection, I do have a few complaints regarding the admissions staff (NY office). They were horrible!!! Rude and down right nasty. I didnt take it personally because I read other posts describing similar abuse.

If you are able to see beyond the admission staff I am sure you will have a wonderful experience with Sackler.

I suggest that you apply as soon as possible.