What are my chances...sigh...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lostandmorelost

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok...so here is my dilemma...
I recently graduated from a decent U.S college with a B.S degree with a double major (one in a science field and one non- science)
I have a 3.32 sGPA :thumbdown: and a 3.5 cum GPA
I have taken my MCATs and gotten an 29P
Currently I am planning on completing a master's program for the year I have until medical school (if i get in :() starts.
4 semesters of clinical volunteering dealing directly with patients (100 hours or so)
Non-clinical volunteer such as soup kitchens, food drives, fundraising for organizations such as make-a-wish and more.
I have shadowed an M.D. for about a year now.
I have little non-clinical research experience (A little over 3 months) and no clinical research experience (trying desperately to find).
I am in process of starting a new volunteer position at a local hospital....but my main question is: do i have a good shot of getting into a U.S Medical School?

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, or concerns would be appreciated greatly!
thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
for sure. you will probably get a number of acceptances if you apply DO. MD.......well......depends on your state. If you live in a very lenient state, maybe. otherwise, not so much,