General Admissions & OTCAS What are my chances in getting into OT grad school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTlvr8

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying to OT grad school this upcoming summer and were wondering what my chances were. (applying to Cal state dominguez hills, university of puget sound, west coast university, university of Washington, stanbridge)

Overall GPA: 3.4
Pre-req GPA: 3.5-3.6 depending on program
Hours: 85 hours in kids clinic, 15 hours in nursing home, 10 hours in children's hospital
GRE: quanitative 155 Verbal 151 AWA 4

Extracurricular: Was an RA at my university for 2 years, worked for a summer at the ALS Association of Orange County

Members don't see this ad.

7.9/10

i'd get more volunteering/observation hours

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be applying to OT grad school this upcoming summer and were wondering what my chances were. (applying to Cal state dominguez hills, university of puget sound, west coast university, university of Washington, stanbridge)

Overall GPA: 3.4
Pre-req GPA: 3.5-3.6 depending on program
Hours: 85 hours in kids clinic, 15 hours in nursing home, 10 hours in children's hospital
GRE: quanitative 155 Verbal 151 AWA 4

Extracurricular: Was an RA at my university for 2 years, worked for a summer at the ALS Association of Orange County

Last edited:
My OTCAS application was verified Jan. 8, 2018 and two of the three schools I applied to has sent emails stating they received my application. Still waiting for them to reach out if accepted for interview process.
My info is:
AAS degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant
Bachelor degeee in Psychology from University of Phoenix
Overall GPA: 3.11
Pre-req GPA: 3.9 (repeated a few)
Hours: Been working as a COTA since June, 2012 and worked as a director of therapy for the past two years. Have thousands of hours in OT as I currently work full time. Work in a SNF and have observed in other areas (acute rehab, out patient, home health, hand therapy, mental rehab, etc.
GRE: Did not take the GRE
LOR: 2 OTs (each school I applied to this year only has a minimal of two)

Applied to: Midwestern (Glendale), Belmont, and Gwynedd
Rejections:
Waitlist:
*Haven’t heard from any schools yet.

What do you guys think are my chances of getting accepted?