What about doing both?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Envision

Envisioning...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone use both DAT achiever and topscore in addition to the Kaplan blue book? i plan to obtain both of these, however, i wanna see if it is neccessary or not. any feed back would be greatly appreciate. thanx!

Members don't see this ad.

Envision said:
Anyone use both DAT achiever and topscore in addition to the Kaplan blue book? i plan to obtain both of these, however, i wanna see if it is neccessary or not. any feed back would be greatly appreciate. thanx!

I used both topschore and Kaplan when I prepared for the DATs. Both prepare you well. Kaplan is good because it explains concepts well. TopScore, in my opinion, has practice exams which are very, very similar to the real DAT exam.

Good luck.

well, i have the kaplan blue book, which is very informative. i have spoken to some of my friends and most seem to invest in either topscore or dat achiever. i was just wondering if its practical to get both. thanks for input thus far.

Members don't see this ad :)
Envision said:
well, i have the kaplan blue book, which is very informative. i have spoken to some of my friends and most seem to invest in either topscore or dat achiever. i was just wondering if its practical to get both. thanks for input thus far.

When I studied for the DAT I primarily used the Kaplan blue book to study the concepts and Topscore to practice taking the test. I think both prepared me adequately. I have no experience with DAT Achiever but a lot of people here do like that one.

Good luck on studying for the DAT! :luck:

Envision said:
buy 2, you will not regret....I have 5 -6 questions word to word from DATachiever, and the PAT part with all this 3-D explanations is wonderful.
Good luck :luck:

Envision said:

I agree with most others, buy BOTH. I have both and I think they are excellent resources.

Thanx for replying you guys, i think i will get both. dental application comes out in 2 days so gl everybody!