WesternU c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope so as well! Either way, I guess I'm going to follow through with my back up plan (which is if I wasn't able to get off the waitlist). What are your guys' plans? I'm hoping to get a master's and retake some classes since my GPA seems to be a big issue for my app while continuing to work and maybe adding in some more shelter medicine experience to round out my experiences with exotics and companion animals.

Members don't see this ad.

I hope so as well! Either way, I guess I'm going to follow through with my back up plan (which is if I wasn't able to get off the waitlist). What are your guys' plans? I'm hoping to get a master's and retake some classes since my GPA seems to be a big issue for my app while continuing to work and maybe adding in some more shelter medicine experience to round out my experiences with exotics and companion animals.
I accepted my seat at LIU and UPEI/AVC. Still deciding which to attend…

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Hello! I’m glad someone responded to one of us! 😢 does that mean that they didn’t take anyone off the waitlist yet? Or the accepted pool has not declined any offers?
Yeah I am grateful for the response even though it is sad news. I asked specifically if people have been pulled off the waitlist, but my counselor totally ignored that question in his response... so I'm not sure if nobody declined acceptance or if people were actually pulled and didn't post it anywhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
That sounds like a great way to boost your next application! I'm thinking of trying to find a job in a lab since I have no experience outside of classes on that front. 😅 And it seems like having lab experience makes people stand out as applicants since most people don't have that.

That sounds like a great way to boost your next application! I'm thinking of trying to find a job in a lab since I have no experience outside of classes on that front. 😅 And it seems like having lab experience makes people stand out as applicants since most people don't have that.
I have an MLAS (Master in Lab Animal Science) and I currently work with monkeys. It’s the best job I’ve ever had tbh. Working in research means you’ll have to develop so many different skills that I never though I would have.

Reactions: 1 user
YOU GUYS! I HAVE BEEN PULLED OFF THE WAITLIST! THERE’S HOPE!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats!!! Did they call you or email you?
Email. It was basically the exact email the sent out with the original decisions. I thought they were already sending out rejections to waitlisted students

Email. It was basically the exact email the sent out with the original decisions. I thought they were already sending out rejections to waitlisted students
OH WOW!! Please, I hope I’m next! 🤣

BIG CONGRATS, ArloKween!!

I WAS PULLED OF THE WAITLIST!!!!!! GOT AN EMAIL THAT MY STATUS WAS UPDATED!!! This doesn’t feel real!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Oh dang!!! Congrats guys!!!! I’m so happy for you!!! Crossing my fingers now!

• Love
Did you guys all get the email around 6? Also lol now I really don’t know what to think about what’s going on within the admissions department, it has to be a huge gap in communication 🥲

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys all get the email around 6? Also lol now I really don’t know what to think about what’s going on within the admissions department, it has to be a huge gap in communication 🥲
I think so too! I think we can anticipate more of us to get off the list. But yeah, admissions had some miscommunication for sure.

I wonder if we will get pulled in the same order that we were offered interviews 🤔

• Hmm
WOAH CONGRATS! 🎉 But also what is happening with all this conflicting info going around?? 😭
Haha, it’s so confusing, right?!? 🤔 I’m thrilled people are beginning to come off the list! I did some minor detective work and last cycle people were reportedly pulled off the list until late June.

This is it, guys!

WOAH CONGRATS! 🎉 But also what is happening with all this conflicting info going around?? 😭
I’m not even sure anymore. I really was not expecting getting that email after the whole misinformation going around. And now that at least 2 of us got pulled off, how many more seats are left? Will they be doing it in waves?

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I don’t even know what to think about at this point but it seems like they took off a super small number of people. At least from what I saw last year it seems like a lot more got pulled off around this time last year, so I guess that has me a little concerned.

Yeah I don’t even know what to think about at this point but it seems like they took off a super small number of people. At least from what I saw last year it seems like a lot more got pulled off around this time last year, so I guess that has me a little concerned.
I totally agree! I’m assuming they will start to take off more people as they started a bit late this year. I saw a post from last year where someone, who had spoken to a counselor, was told by the counselor that the class was full and people were bummed out about it. Days later, people were getting their acceptance letters and that carried on into late June!

Anyone get their financial aid package yet? I got the email about how much tuition is and need to start figuring all that out LOL

I haven’t heard anything either, maybe this week they’ll send out more acceptance? 🤞🤞

• Care
Anyone hear any updates? I have emailed my advisor 2x and no reply

• Sad
Anyone hear any updates? I have emailed my advisor 2x and no reply
Nope, I haven’t heard anything. I’m waiting for my advisor to reply on an email I sent over a month ago. I’ve followed up twice already and still no answer lol.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Hoping for more acceptances next week! I saw on FB that they have graduation this week so they’ve probably been busy finalizing things and making sure that all graduates have completed requirements.

• Care
Wishing all of us luck. Waiting is the hardest part! :(

• Care
Did anyone else get the email this morning? Maybe someone dropped their spot so they’re confirming who still wants to be an alternate?

Did anyone else get the email this morning? Maybe someone dropped their spot so they’re confirming who still wants to be an alternate?
I got the email! They sent those last time like a week before the people on here got seats. Hopefully its a sign of some more open spots being offered!

HI everyone! i just got off the waitlist today! It is my second cycle and it was so unexpected because i felt like i bombed the first half of the interview. I have a low gpa ~2.9 so it is doable for those with similar stats!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
In other news, I'm not really sure what's going on with the admissions office still, but my admissions counselor just changed for the second time (so this is my third counselor). Anyone else have the same thing going on?

In other news, I'm not really sure what's going on with the admissions office still, but my admissions counselor just changed for the second time (so this is my third counselor). Anyone else have the same thing going on?
Yeah this happened to me a few times too, I honestly, just email another counselor if the first doesn't answer me within a day or 2.

HI everyone! i just got off the waitlist today! It is my second cycle and it was so unexpected because i felt like i bombed the first half of the interview. I have a low gpa ~2.9 so it is doable for those with similar stats!!!
Congrats cute potato!!

Gosh, that does give me hope!! 🥹 I am still hoping for some good news myself. They sure are going at sloth speed lol. Must not have enough staff on board.

How did you find out you were off the waitlist? Did you get an email?

Hello,

I found out via email that my status had changed
OK, thank you! I hope more and more folks get taken off the list. Seems like not a lot have been removed from the list 😟

There's 81 members in the fb group including upperclassmen so I don't think the class is full yet!

• Wow
I’m gonna be applying again this year. Does anyone know if prerequisites expire after a certain number of years? I know for some schools it does but I’m not sure about Western.

There's 81 members in the fb group including upperclassmen so I don't think the class is full yet!
Unfortunately the facebook group is not an accurate representation, I'm not 100% sure but I do believe the class is filled ( they have an email list of about 115 students). Again I'm not 100% sure if this is the official count, but remember their is still time for people to drop out of the class. What does tend to happen is a spot will be open a few days before orientation (Maybe even the day before) you just got to prepare yourself.

Unfortunately the facebook group is not an accurate representation, I'm not 100% sure but I do believe the class is filled ( they have an email list of about 115 students). Again I'm not 100% sure if this is the official count, but remember their is still time for people to drop out of the class. What does tend to happen is a spot will be open a few days before orientation (Maybe even the day before) you just got to prepare yourself.
Thanks for your input! Yeah, it does seem like it’s full at present 😞 I live in town so I would literally be able to accept a seat asap. I wish we knew how many people were on the waitlist.

Anyone have an idea of roughly how many people are on the waitlist each year? A really rough estimate….

Yeah, they seemed to fill up their class really quickly this year with very few people being taken off the waitlist. Since the pulling from the waitlist has been so slow, I pretty much have already accepted that I will be applying again this cycle and have already made plans to improve my application. If it makes anyone feel better though, the statistics (and I mean lol considering how few vet schools there are and how large of a number of applicants there are, it makes sense) show that most people don't get in their first cycle and have to apply multiple cycles to get in or even quit after their first. Rejection doesn't have to mean rejection; rejection can be redirection, an opportunity to do more, like exploring the veterinary career even more so that you 100% know what you want to do moving forward when you enter school or checking more off of your bucket list since you'll get really busy during vet school. Hope that this encourages some of you! :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users