Western University of Health Science Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
absolutely cannot wait no more:xf:

mee neither! I checked last year's WesternU post and they had the interview around the same time as the 1st group this year and they heard back 2 days after coming back from break.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck guys. Way back in the stone age when i was interviewed (2008), i heard back couple of days before christmas. Hope to see you guys around. Oh wait never mind, i proly won't cause I'll be on rotations.

Did anyone receive an e-mail regarding prereqs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck guys. Way back in the stone age when i was interviewed (2008), i heard back couple of days before christmas. Hope to see you guys around. Oh wait never mind, i proly won't cause I'll be on rotations.

That was 2 years ago! Are you currently a P2?
I wish they really would notify the students before Christmas! :)

errr, sorry i meant i was admitted for the fall of 2008, and interviewed in the end of 2007. I am a p3.

Oh that's awesome! You're almost DONE! :D
I heard that rotation starts around February until graduation right?

Oh that's awesome! You're almost DONE! :D
I heard that rotation starts around February until graduation right?

Thanks. Part of me will miss school. It's fun to be surrounded by your friends and not having to be the one whose eyes are last to check an rx before it goes to the pt lol. But the other broke part wants to start working asap. The economic situation/MEGA saturtation makes me worried as well as far as where and how many hrs i will be working.... Still can't believe 5 new schools are trying to open up in CA.

As far as rotations, pretty much. You get to take one rotation off and you have 1 or 2 weeks off after every two rotations, i believe, as well as winter break..

Thanks. Part of me will miss school. It's fun to be surrounded by your friends and not having to be the one whose eyes are last to check an rx before it goes to the pt lol. But the other broke part wants to start working asap. The economic situation/MEGA saturtation makes me worried as well as far as where and how many hrs i will be working.... Still can't believe 5 new schools are trying to open up in CA.

As far as rotations, pretty much. You get to take one rotation off and you have 1 or 2 weeks off after every two rotations, i believe, as well as winter break..

I'm also worried about the economic Situation, Hopefully it gets better after you graduate or even in 5 years after I graduate :xf:
Would you know if Western U opens this week, even though classes are not in session?

I'm also worried about the economic Situation, Hopefully it gets better after you graduate or even in 5 years after I graduate :xf:
Would you know if Western U opens this week, even though classes are not in session?

I am pretty sure that College of Pharmacy is closed. There might be someone in the school's main office. But doubt it. But only one way to find out for sure, call them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gosh ... can new year come any sooner ? lol cant wait in so many ways this year lol :D

Happy New Year's EVE! ;)
May we ALL expect to hear and encounter GOOD things in 2011! :xf:

Basing on Last year's post, I think we'll be hearing from Western anytime this week..
I'm feeling very nervous and anxious as the days pass by.. :scared:

Basing on Last year's post, I think we'll be hearing from Western anytime this week..
I'm feeling very nervous and anxious as the days pass by.. :scared:

OMG I know, same here, so you are saying that western will be open tomorrow? :scared:

OMG I know, same here, so you are saying that western will be open tomorrow? :scared:

Yep, I was looking at their University Calendar. School starts again tomorrow, like many other schools.

Got the e-mail. I got into Western! :soexcited:

Congrats to you both! I got the email toooo & thankfully Touro extended my deadline until today so the news came just in time to save some major $$. Thanks again for your help regarding that, btw! :)

I feel so relieved now :nod:

What time did you receive the email? Did they call you?

I got the e-mail around 9:40am as well. No phone call. They might send more e-mails tomorrow? I heard they accept people in batches. :thumbup:

Congrats to you both! I got the email toooo & thankfully Touro extended my deadline until today so the news came just in time to save some major $$. Thanks again for your help regarding that, btw! :)

I feel so relieved now :nod:

YAYYY CONGRATZ! :D Np!

9:59am! I was still sleeping and didn't check my email until 12! LOL

I'm literally crying right now. I am a reapplicant. I was interviewed in Dec. And I didn't receive any email from western. I am so upset right now. I don't know what to do if I don't get accepted. I've tried my best. I don't think I can do any better. Pharmacy is my dream. And western is a somehow easier school than the other schools I applied. If I can't get in Western, what more can i expect from the other schools.

I'm so upset right now. ... I know there's still hope. They will put you on hold, then alternate. But I went through all that last year and didn't get in. I know the chance of getting in from hold is really tiny. I'm so depressed and don't know what to do...

I have a moderate GPA. 3.5. + pharmacy experience + research + extracurriculars + good LORs. And I thought I did okay at the interview.

I am so depressed....

I received my acceptance e-mail today too! Although I am having difficulty deciding between schools now... Congratulations to all :)

Omg, I have not recieved anything from them :( ive been counting days off, :(

Congrats everyone who got accepted to Western :):):) & Goodluck to those who are still waiting :luck::xf:

Bdw did anyone recieve interview invitation for January 29th?

I got the e-mail around 9:40am as well. No phone call. They might send more e-mails tomorrow? I heard they accept people in batches. :thumbup:
Do you think they already emailed all accepted people?

Do you think they already emailed all accepted people?

I really don't think they're finished sending out all the e-mails yet. I know a few of my friends, who are super strong candidates, that didn't receive a word yet. And from what I've read in last years thread, people got accepted over a period of 2 days. Try to be optimistic and hope for the best tomorrow :0) Good luck and I hope you get it! :luck:

I'm literally crying right now. I am a reapplicant. I was interviewed in Dec. And I didn't receive any email from western. I am so upset right now. I don't know what to do if I don't get accepted. I've tried my best. I don't think I can do any better. Pharmacy is my dream. And western is a somehow easier school than the other schools I applied. If I can't get in Western, what more can i expect from the other schools.

I'm so upset right now. ... I know there's still hope. They will put you on hold, then alternate. But I went through all that last year and didn't get in. I know the chance of getting in from hold is really tiny. I'm so depressed and don't know what to do...

I have a moderate GPA. 3.5. + pharmacy experience + research + extracurriculars + good LORs. And I thought I did okay at the interview.

I am so depressed....

Do not give up hope!! Don't reject yourself before they reject you! Hopefully, you will hear some good news tomorrow. I'm hoping for the best for you! :xf:

I am so depressed....

aww Cheer Up buddy! I was like you too. I was in totally in a rut a while back. My interview was like a bad dream that I kept replaying over in my head the entire winter break. It was my very first interview and it was at Western, my dream school, nevertheless.
Have some Faith. I mean you showed them that you are quite a determined person when you reapplied the second time around. Don't give up on your dream!

Thank you so much, dnguyen401 and croutonz!!
I should cheer up and prepare for other interviews.

Thank you so much, dnguyen401 and croutonz!!
I should cheer up and prepare for other interviews.

Keep you head up high, it is still early to hear back! Don't worry too much. The waiting time is the worse and it'll make you overthink things. Your stats sound good (and your gpa is better than mine :D ) Hang in there! :)

So there's this one time I attended a Seminar where one of the Western Representatives gave a PowerPoint presentations about the Pharmacy Program. In the Powerpoint handout this is how the % is broken down:

Admissions Process
File evaluated by two Faculties:
-50% academic evaluation, ie GPA
-25%Personal Questionaire (extracurricular activities,etc)
-10%Letter of Reference
-10% writing skills
-5% Experience (work and or volunteer)

Interviews
-By Invitation, based on file evaluation score
-Emphasis is on Communication and Interpersonal skills
-Writing Sample

So, Don't be Discouraged, NewGreenHand! Your Stats is GREAT!;)
By the way, Did you apply to out-of-state programs? It might be a bit less competitive than California!

Last edited:
Keep you head up high, it is still early to hear back! Don't worry too much. The waiting time is the worse and it'll make you overthink things. Your stats sound good (and your gpa is better than mine :D ) Hang in there! :)

I called western this morning.
They said if you didn't get an acceptance email, then you are probably put on hold.
They will review our files at a later time.

Thank you everybody. You really made me feel warm. :bang:Keep Fighting!!!

I got in the first round interview and seems like they already sent out acceptance letters to people who got in. I didn't get a response yet. My gpa is pretty close to 4.0. Very sad if i didn't get in.

So there's this one time I attended a Seminar where one of the Western Representatives gave a PowerPoint presentations about the Pharmacy Program. In the Powerpoint handout this is how the % is broken down:

Admissions Process
File evaluated by two Faculties:
-50% academic evaluation, ie GPA
-25%Personal Questionaire (extracurricular activities,etc)
-10%Letter of Reference
-10% writing skills
-5% Experience (work and or volunteer)

Interviews
-By Invitation, based on file evaluation score
-Emphasis is on Communication and Interpersonal skills
-Writing Sample

So, Don't be Discouraged, NewGreenHand! Your Stats is GREAT!;)
By the way, Did you apply to out-of-state programs? It might be a bit less competitive than California!

Thank you for the great information.
I didn't apply any out-of-states. I really would like to stay in Socal... :)

Congrats to everyone who got into Western....Western have always been my dream school too though i didn't even get an interview invitation yet. Still hoping though. Crossing my fingers.

Thank you for the great information.
I didn't apply any out-of-states. I really would like to stay in Socal... :)

Same HERE! I couldn't imagine myself at any other State but good old Sunny California! (preferably around the LA county area)

If it make you feel any better, UCSD didn't even give me a second look! You must have an Awesome STAT for them to grant you an interview! :thumbup: