Western University of Health Science Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I turned in my packet 2 weeks ago, still haven't heard anything at all. They haven't even told me that they have received my application. =/

Members don't see this ad :)
I turned in my packet 2 weeks ago, still haven't heard anything at all. They haven't even told me that they have received my application. =/

If you log into the supplemental account of its website and click on Fall 2011, you will see your progress. :)

At my school we have combined bio lectures+ labs. How would I designate on the sheet this? For example, for Microbiology, lecture and lab was a combined 4 units and I only got 1 final letter grade. Would I have to put 0 semester units for the lab and the letter grade I received for the lecture or put CR instead? Thanks in advance!

I just left the grade blank for lab.. but i'm not sure if this is how it should be done. They didn't say anything to me about it.

For this question should I talk about a withdrawal in math course or/and about how I worked many hours + family responsibility that affected my grades. For those who have submitted the supplementary application or currently working on it, What did you write?

"Have you had any academic difficulties that may appear on your transcripts that you would like to explain?

For those who have already turned in their application packet...how long did it take before your status said complete online?

I turned mine in over 2 weeks ago and only some of the items in the packet are listed as complete even though I turned in everything in one package. I emailed but got no response yet so just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks!

Hi, I just wanted to confirm with you guy before I submit my pharmcas + supp.
Regarding the deadline, pharmcas has to be post marked or received by Nov.1?

The website states that supplemental is post marked by Nov 1 but I am not so sure about Pharmcas... Please help!

Did anyone get an interview yet??

Hi, I just wanted to confirm with you guy before I submit my pharmcas + supp.
Regarding the deadline, pharmcas has to be post marked or received by Nov.1?

The website states that supplemental is post marked by Nov 1 but I am not so sure about Pharmcas... Please help!

Did anyone get an interview yet??

Application and Transcript Deadline: November 1, 2010

I'm quite certain that this means that both Pharmcas and Supplemental applications have to postmark by that date.

Western's first interview is on Dec. 13. They will probably send interview invites a few weeks prior to that date.

Did anyone fill out the prerequisite verification worksheet? I submitted it in June or July and never heard back. I tried calling and leaving a message

For those who have already turned in their application packet...how long did it take before your status said complete online?

I turned mine in over 2 weeks ago and only some of the items in the packet are listed as complete even though I turned in everything in one package. I emailed but got no response yet so just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks!
The same thing happened to me, it said they received my letters of rec on one date, and then the rest of the stuff on another date even though it was all in one packet. It took about 2 weeks for the file to say complete, so I'm sure yours will show up soon! Don't worry!

At my school we have combined bio lectures+ labs. How would I designate on the sheet this? For example, for Microbiology, lecture and lab was a combined 4 units and I only got 1 final letter grade. Would I have to put 0 semester units for the lab and the letter grade I received for the lecture or put CR instead? Thanks in advance!
I asked the admissions people, and they said to fill in the row for lecture and leave the lab blank (or you can just write the same thing). They will see your transcript to verify everything anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got my interview invitation today :D i'm impressed, that was a pretty fast turn around time, since they only received it two/three days ago.

For those of you guys who already interviewed, how many dates they offer? I'm worried about missing too much lab/school :( and there are no direct flights to sfo making travel time 8 hours, grrr scheduling

May I ask when did you submit your pharmcas and supplemental apps?

I think their first interview is on 12/13. So I dont' think anyone has been interviewed yet.

i just got my interview invitation today :D i'm impressed, that was a pretty fast turn around time, since they only received it two/three days ago.

For those of you guys who already interviewed, how many dates they offer? I'm worried about missing too much lab/school :( and there are no direct flights to sfo making travel time 8 hours, grrr scheduling

Are you sure you're posting on the right thread? :) Because you mentioned a flight to SFO...I don't think that's Ontario airport.

Are you sure you're posting on the right thread? :) Because you mentioned a flight to SFO...I don't think that's Ontario airport.

yes sorry i'm in the wrong thread. how stupid of me. i had multiple tabs open and responded to the wrong one :( lol i meant touro...i'm still working on my western supplemental app, i just got my last recommendation yesterday.

May I ask when did you submit your pharmcas and supplemental apps?

I think their first interview is on 12/13. So I dont' think anyone has been interviewed yet.

My wife submitted 2 years ago, about 2 weeks before the deadline (mid-October) and was rejected. Last year she applied way early in the cycle, around late Aug, and was accepted to the class of 2014. On the first round, they didn't even look at her application.

My wife submitted 2 years ago, about 2 weeks before the deadline (mid-October) and was rejected. Last year she applied way early in the cycle, around late Aug, and was accepted to the class of 2014. On the first round, they didn't even look at her application.

Hi,

Just curious...how do you know they didn't look at her app? And has she done anything during the year to improve her stats?

Thanks!

anyone heard anything yett??!!! when do they start inviting people for intervieww??!! can't wait no more

I called Western 3 days ago and they said that they have started reviewing the applications for interview since NOV.2nd...... So we should hear from them in couple of weeks.... Hopefulllllly!

I called Western 3 days ago and they said that they have started reviewing the applications for interview since NOV.2nd...... So we should hear from them in couple of weeks.... Hopefulllllly!

yep, they told me that they will start inviting people towards the end of Nov..fingers crossed:xf:

I got this email from Western on Friday

Dear Applicant,
Your file is ready for evaluation by the department.

After your file has been evaluated, you will be contacted by phone or receive a letter regarding your status.

Admissions Office
College of Pharmacy

When I got this email last year in mid-February I got an interview for March. Unfortunately my interview was whatevers and I was waitlisted and eventually didn't get in. So this is my second time applying and it's a really good sign that I got this email so early. From last year's thread we should be hearing from Western starting next week regarding the December interview. Western can even call you for an interview even a couple of days before the date in case some people cancel.

Dear Applicant,

After your file has been evaluated, you will be contacted by phone or receive a letter regarding your status.

Admissions Office
College of Pharmacy

When I got this email last year in mid-February I got an interview for March. Unfortunately my interview was whatevers and I was waitlisted and eventually didn't get in. So this is my second time applying and it's a really good sign that I got this email so early. From last year's thread we should be hearing from Western starting next week regarding the December interview. Western can even call you for an interview even a couple of days before the date in case some people cancel.

I received this email on September 9th, Hope to hear from them soon
:xf:

Dear Applicant,

Admissions Office
College of Pharmacy

So besides getting an e-mail stating that the supp application was received there is an additional e-mail like this?? I submitted my application Oct 12..does that mean I can't get an interview invite for Dec 11?

well you still have time. don't forget they have four interviews: December, January, February, and March. it's just if you get that email that means you will probably get the following interview date, not for certain. just remember hearing nothing is better than getting a hold letter in the mail at this point. a hold letter before the first interview starts means you have a slim chance of getting an interview until March but it doesn't mean you're rejected. it just means your application wasn't as strong as the others and they will review your app throughout the interview process and consider you for the March interview or not

This is weird! look like nobody here got an interview from Western yet. I know a lady who is chemistry major, graduated 7, 8 yrs ago with a GPA of 2.8 and ~3.0 for science, working as pharm tech for couple yrs and she got an interview in January (she submitted app. in October). This is unbelievable!:rolleyes:

This is weird! look like nobody here got an interview from Western yet. I know a lady who is chemistry major, graduated 7, 8 yrs ago with a GPA of 2.8 and ~3.0 for science, working as pharm tech for couple yrs and she got an interview in January (she submitted app. in October). This is unbelievable!:rolleyes:[/QUO
is this from before?like last year? or this coming year:O:O?

This is weird! look like nobody here got an interview from Western yet. I know a lady who is chemistry major, graduated 7, 8 yrs ago with a GPA of 2.8 and ~3.0 for science, working as pharm tech for couple yrs and she got an interview in January (she submitted app. in October). This is unbelievable!:rolleyes:

they wouldn't be sending out interview invites for january when they haven't done december's yet. we should be hearing from western starting monday for the december interviews

they wouldn't be sending out interview invites for january when they haven't done december's yet. we should be hearing from western starting monday for the december interviews
:thumbup: Yayyyy

[/QUOTE]
is this from before?like last year? or this coming year:O:O?[/QUOTE]

this cycle

great, I hope to hear from them soon. But how do you know that they haven't sent out December interview invitation yet?

because western sends out invites 1-3 weeks before the interview dates so this week would be the earliest that they start sending out invites for december. plus from previous years post this is when people start posting that they get invitations. are you sure your friend didn't get a hold letter? a hold letter means they're put on hold until March. in March the admissions committee will then decide whether or not to give them an interview or just reject them. and ppapaya said that western said they will send out invites end of november

because western sends out invites 1-3 weeks before the interview dates so this week would be the earliest that they start sending out invites for december. plus from previous years post this is when people start posting that they get invitations. are you sure your friend didn't get a hold letter? a hold letter means they're put on hold until March. in March the admissions committee will then decide whether or not to give them an interview or just reject them. and ppapaya said that western said they will send out invites end of november

That is true...I called them again this morning and they said they will invite people 2 weeks prior to interview dates...:xf:

That is true...I called them again this morning and they said they will invite people 2 weeks prior to interview dates...:xf:

wow, that really sucks for those of us out-of-towners having to make last minute travel/hotel plans. maybe it's a good thing i finished their supplement last (lol so many questions) and thus no chance of interviewing in dec. good luck to everyone else :xf:

Hey guys,

Good luck to everyone. This is my last semester at WesternU and I sincerely enjoyed my time here. There are so many ways for everyone to get in involved in pharmacy organizations and majority of my classmates are awesome.

Again, I extend my offer that if you have questions PM me. Just as long as they are not "hey how do i answer this interview questions" :D

Yay, got a call this morning for an interview! :0)

Congrats!!! Dude you got interview invitations to every school you applied to (aside from the ones you withdrew from).:highfive:

Lol, thanks! I'm going to do my best at these interviews just in case I don't get pulled off the "hold list" from UOP.