West New England COP (WNEC) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well no calls yet for me and its definitely thrusday afternoon....i never thought i'd be this impatient haha
goodluck to you as well!!

good luck to you, i hope you hear good news ryan

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted in WNEC today!!...got an interview with UNE on March 4th also...good luck to all!!

I got accepted in WNEC today!!...got an interview with UNE on March 4th also...good luck to all!!

congrats on your WNEC acceptance. i got into WNEC AS WELL. i'll see you at UNE on march 4th. are you considering attending WNEC?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't hear anything today. Fearing the worst. :confused:

D23- What time did you get called? Was your interview on Jan 6, or was it earlier than that?

I didn't hear anything today. Fearing the worst. :confused:

D23- What time did you get called? Was your interview on Jan 6, or was it earlier than that?

hey, did you get an interview invite from long island university? i just got one today

DID anyone get an interview invitation from long island university? i got my invitation and picked the date on my own February 3rd. sorry the post there because i don't know how to start a new thread under Long island university, can anyone tell me how to start a new thread?

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:):laugh:
Sullivan University-rejected
Pacific university in oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08-committee hold
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18:xf:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades
Appalachian College of Pharmacy-still waiting

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03-accepted 01/05/2011:laugh::love:
Presbyterian College-declined interview
Husson University-interview 02/04/2011:xf:
University of New England-03/04/2011:xf:
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-interview 02/03/2011:xf:
Idaho State University-still waiting
Concordia-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-interview 01/28/2011-declined interview

I got waitlisted yesterday.

The interview must count a lot more than I thought. :(

I got waitlisted yesterday.

The interview must count a lot more than I thought. :(

don't worry you will get in once people start declining seats. good luck on your st john fisher interview

don't worry you will get in once people start declining seats. good luck on your st john fisher interview

I don't know how likely that is to happen- most of the folks who interviewed with me were from the local area. If they all get into MCP-W and decide to go there, I've got a good chance.

Hoping for the best at SJF Friday!!

I don't know how likely that is to happen- most of the folks who interviewed with me were from the local area. If they all get into MCP-W and decide to go there, I've got a good chance.

Hoping for the best at SJF Friday!!

best of the luck at st john fisher

I'm turning down my spot at WNEC because i got accepted into my first choice school-lecom-erie today and i will be attending there in august.good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm turning down my spot at WNEC because i got accepted into my first choice school-lecom-erie today and i will be attending there in august.good luck everyone

Good luck!

I'm getting frustrated- will be putting in an application #5 (ACPHS) this weekend.

Saint Joseph's has received Pre-candidate status for the Doctor of Pharmacy Program.

Saint Joseph's has received Pre-candidate status for the Doctor of Pharmacy Program.

Big whoop. So did WNEC- and they didn't get rejected twice by ACPE like Saint Joe did.

thank you and good luck. what happened to st john fisher?

The interview went fine- I did much better than my WNEC interview.

I've got nothing to base this on, but my gut tells me that SJF has already filled their class.:eek: We'll see.

I've got nothing to base this on, but my gut tells me that SJF has already filled their class.:eek: We'll see.

good luck with st john fisher, i hope you get into st john fisher and i hope you get into WNEC. Maybe you should apply to d'youville in buffalo. I heard that school is better than ACPHS. ACPHS has high attrition rate.

Apply to D'youville. I am turning down my seat so there is another chance for someone to get in.

yay! i got accepted into WNEC today. Bonnie herself called. Nice little school to be so personal with the students.

I thought WNEC hasn't received precandidate status yet?

I believe they reached pre-candidate status a few weeks back

I got accepted into WNEC today as well! Congrats!!:D

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
yay! i got accepted into WNEC today. Bonnie herself called. Nice little school to be so personal with the students.

I believe they reached pre-candidate status a few weeks back

How come the school website said they're still seeking pre-candidate?

How come the school website said they're still seeking pre-candidate?

I spoke to Dean Spooner yesterday- he said they don't have the new accreditation language from ACPE yet, so they can't change their website. He said that they got precandidate two weeks ago.

when did you find out you got waitlisted by st john fisher? what are you going to do? are you going to apply to more pharmacy schools? apply to university of new england or husson in maine. they are close to connecticut. let me know because i'm concerned about you.

Thanks, but there is no need to be concerned- I am going to be fine. Waitlists move- I am going to get in somewhere.

I put in an application to Albany two weeks ago. I looked at UNE and thought about their program for a while, but I don't like the idea of being separated from the rest of campus and stuck in a stand-alone building all day long. That's the same reason I didn't apply to St. Joes and Worcester (well, one of the reasons)- I know it's professional school, but I still want to feel like I am in college- not in some trade school in an industrial park off the interstate. Being in college and living on campus is fun- why would I want to give it up if I had a choice?

Husson? Bangor = too dang cold!! (Though I don't think it would matter much this winter).

Worse case scenario: I will apply to a couple of the March 1 deadline schools (D'Youville, Appalachian) if I have to. Appalachian would be my first reach geographically, but still less than a day by car.

Thanks, but there is no need to be concerned- I am going to be fine. Waitlists move- I am going to get in somewhere.

I put in an application to Albany two weeks ago. I looked at UNE and thought about their program for a while, but I don't like the idea of being separated from the rest of campus and stuck in a stand-alone building all day long. That's the same reason I didn't apply to St. Joes and Worcester (well, one of the reasons)- I know it's professional school, but I still want to feel like I am in college- not in some trade school in an industrial park off the interstate. Being in college and living on campus is fun- why would I want to give it up if I had a choice?

Husson? Bangor = too dang cold!! (Though I don't think it would matter much this winter).

Worse case scenario: I will apply to a couple of the March 1 deadline schools (D'Youville, Appalachian) if I have to. Appalachian would be my first reach geographically, but still less than a day by car.

good luck. what about lecom-erie? application deadline is march 1st too. accelerated, cheap and good reputation and i really loved it when i went to interview with them. everyone was super friendly and funny.

I think you should apply to D'youville Enfieldgal. It's a pretty easy school to get in and it's only 50 bucks. Small price to pay when the rewards of getting accepted are so great.

good luck. what about lecom-erie?application deadline is march 1st too. accelerated, cheap and good reputation and i really loved it when i went to interview with them. everyone was super friendly and funny.

I'm happy for you that you got in- I know it was your top pick. It just doesn't seem like a good fit for me. Besides, there are too many students from Erie on this site who have nothing good to say about it there (besides being accelerated and cheap)

I think you should apply to D'youville Enfieldgal. It's a pretty easy school to get in and it's only 50 bucks. Small price to pay when the rewards of getting accepted are so great.

I see in an old post that you got accepted to D'Youville, but are turning it down. Why? Are you going to WNEC instead?

I'm happy for you that you got in- I know it was your top pick. It just doesn't seem like a good fit for me. Besides, there are too many students from Erie on this site who have nothing good to say about it there (besides being accelerated and cheap)

I see in an old post that you got accepted to D'Youville, but are turning it down. Why? Are you going to WNEC instead?

I actually got accepted to Thomas Jefferson University (TJU) in philly. I chose to go here instead due to location of the school. If D'youville was in a better location, I would be there in a heart beat. The IPPE/APPE there is phenomenal. They allow you 2 have a total of 6 weeks to perform your IPPE: 2 weeks when pharm school starts, 2 in the middle, and 2 towards the end. The great thing is, during these times, there are no classes and they will send you to locations anywhere in the US, and they will set up all the paperwork themselves! You don't find that at many pharm school.

i know there were a lot of negative publicity about LECOM-ERIE SDN. BUT I really loved the school when i went up there for my interview. everyone was so nice and friendly and funny. i love the atmosphere with a lot of sense of humor incorporated. so it's not just the cheap and accelerated part.

WNEC Pharmacy Class of 2015

apartments
dorms
need roommates
random questions????

Hello! I am very excited to meet future classmates. I will be living on campus. Will anyone else be living on campus? Anyone from Massachusetts?

At long last I'M OFF THE WAITLIST!!!

I've got 10 more days to make up my mind, but unless something very unusual happens (like getting called for an interview, interviewing, and getting accepted into UConn in this short time period) I will see some of you at WNEC in the fall!

Thanks to all of you for your support!- especially you PharmDNJ718!

At long last I'M OFF THE WAITLIST!!!

I've got 10 more days to make up my mind, but unless something very unusual happens (like getting called for an interview, interviewing, and getting accepted into UConn in this short time period) I will see some of you at WNEC in the fall!

Thanks to all of you for your support!- especially you PharmDNJ718!

congrats you deserve it and i'm so happy for you. :love:

Hey please i have an interview on the 3rd of march, is there any way you can be of help to me, i really need to know more about the interview process? are you in Massachusetts? please i will be grateful if you can be of help to me thanks.

Good morning everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster here. I recently interviewed with WNEC last friday, and was wondering if I could get some feedback from some people.

First, I assume that since I was called in to interview this places me in a "maybe" category. I mean, they would not call me in to interview if I did not have a chance correct?

The interview i think went well, though there were some questions that i stuttered over. If I felt that I was personal, and that overall the interview went well should I think that the whole process was a success, or do you think that they will look at every time i slipped up or gave a roundabout answer?

Also, how long did it take you guys to receive a response/answer from the college after you did your interview?

Thanks, just very nervous/excited. My pcat score was pretty good, 87% composite, but my GPA is lacking, around a 2.4 due to personal familial circumstances that made my college career pretty difficult, but I did graduate with a B.S.. I did go into this is my personal essay, so I hope the admissions board understands. Hopefully this, along with that I am currently takign some classes to bring up my GPA, and I work full time at a hospital as a pharm II tech will help shape my picture for them.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey please i have an interview on the 3rd of march, is there any way you can be of help to me, i really need to know more about the interview process? are you in Massachusetts? please i will be grateful if you can be of help to me thanks.

Interview day was fun- regular stuff like other schools (tour, q&a, presentations), plus writing sample and interview.

Interview is with two faculty members- half hour.

Just take it easy- don't be nervous like I was, and you will do fine.

Good luck!

Good morning everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster here. I recently interviewed with WNEC last friday, and was wondering if I could get some feedback from some people.

First, I assume that since I was called in to interview this places me in a "maybe" category. I mean, they would not call me in to interview if I did not have a chance correct?

The interview i think went well, though there were some questions that i stuttered over. If I felt that I was personal, and that overall the interview went well should I think that the whole process was a success, or do you think that they will look at every time i slipped up or gave a roundabout answer?

Also, how long did it take you guys to receive a response/answer from the college after you did your interview?

Thanks, just very nervous/excited. My pcat score was pretty good, 87% composite, but my GPA is lacking, around a 2.4 due to personal familial circumstances that made my college career pretty difficult, but I did graduate with a B.S.. I did go into this is my personal essay, so I hope the admissions board understands. Hopefully this, along with that I am currently takign some classes to bring up my GPA, and I work full time at a hospital as a pharm II tech will help shape my picture for them.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I think any school that would call you in for an interview would be doing it because you had a chance. Why would they waste your time and their time?

Your PCAT is really good, your GPA much less so. How is your math/science GPA- is that better than your overall GPA? WNEC might be like Nevada and not care about your overall GPA. I don't know- just guessing.

I got notified within two weeks of the interview (waitlisted:mad:), and sat there for about six weeks before getting pulled off:claps:.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the info.

Everythign is set up to go now, I guess my gpa is higher, around a 2.8. Currently taking a&p2 and microbio, which I expect to get A's in them. Only problem is that these classes wont be done until late april.

I am just worried that by that time there will be no positions left open.

Hopefully I get lucky and at least left a good impression with them in my interview.

All i can do now is play the waiting game.

I hate this game, I always feel like i lose.

lol

Thank you very much for the info.

Everythign is set up to go now, I guess my gpa is higher, around a 2.8. Currently taking a&p2 and microbio, which I expect to get A's in them. Only problem is that these classes wont be done until late april.

I am just worried that by that time there will be no positions left open.

Hopefully I get lucky and at least left a good impression with them in my interview.

All i can do now is play the waiting game.

I hate this game, I always feel like i lose.

lol

Dont worry. I know how you feel. I was once in your position and I pulled my gpa from 2.8 to 3.0. Just show improvement and you will be fine. Also, there will be a spot for you because I will be withdrawing my spot. =) Hopefully you will get that spot and best of luck to you.

Has anybody who was at the Feb 25th interview heard anything from the school?

Thank you PharmDest for your words of encouragement, Kenyan2015 did you interview on the 25th? I believe I heard that they would try to give the candidates an answer (good or bad) within two weeks I think. So there is still a couple of days left. I am getting nervous and anxious as well.

Well I am glad and thankful to say that I got accepted. Everyone who's GPA is on the low side, keep your chin up. I have a low GPA but studied and got tutoring to bring my pcat from a 62% to a 87%. Get some pharmacy experience, either retail or hospital (this will help out wil LORs also since you can ask a pharmacist for a little help). And just relax and try to be positive.

Everyone else that is going to WNEC, see you on AUG 22nd for orientation. Ill be the goofy guy with the funny face.

accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goodluck!!

Hey Congrats!

I will be interviewing on April 5th, Tuesday. Will be a nice 6 hour flight over there. Is anyone else also interviewing? Im looking forward to meeting with the university and the administration!! :):)