West New England COP (WNEC) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danyelle1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about applying to these two schools. I have not heard much talk about either of them. They do not have ACPE status but I might just take the chance. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there- I am applying to WNEC. I am real impressed with the school- they seem to have their act together. My neighbor is a P2 at MCP-Worcester, and she wishes that WNEC had been open when she was applying (She HATES it there- too many students; some professors don't care; the dean is an idiot). Are you going to the October 23 open house?

St. Joseph- I don't have a bachelor's degree, so I don't think I can apply there. They've had some problems getting open as well, so I wouldn't bank on them.

I am also applying to Albany (Vermont) and St. John Fisher. Good luck!!

I am applying to WNEC, basically out of convenience. I live about a ~ 3-5 minute drive from the main campus. The construction is coming along really nicely. There's also about 10 pharmacies within a couple miles radius so there's plenty of internship opportunities in the area.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, OP, do not apply to St. Josephs. They had problems opening for this academic year. Who knows about next academic year.

I applied to WNEC. It seems like a great school. They have many other programs including a Law School, Nursing, Etc. So I'm sure they will get it together for Pharmacy School. Not sure if i'll make the open house on October 23rd (I like how it's on mole day though 10^23), although I'd really hope to maybe get an interview by then. :) Good

I applied to WNEC. It seems like a great school. They have many other programs including a Law School, Nursing, Etc. So I'm sure they will get it together for Pharmacy School. Not sure if i'll make the open house on October 23rd (I like how it's on mole day though 10^23), although I'd really hope to maybe get an interview by then. :) Good

Mole day...lol! Hope to see you there!

I met w/the Dean of Student Affairs at WNEC a few weeks ago- he said they are going to start interviews in November, but won't be accepting anyone until they get ACPE pre-candidate status, which means January at the earliest.

Now I've just got to figure out how I can fit a public speaking class in my spring schedule.

Mole day...lol! Hope to see you there!

I met w/the Dean of Student Affairs at WNEC a few weeks ago- he said they are going to start interviews in November, but won't be accepting anyone until they get ACPE pre-candidate status, which means January at the earliest.

Now I've just got to figure out how I can fit a public speaking class in my spring schedule.

Yes! I would have to take Psychology if I got accepted there... But I'm not planning on taking it unless they give me an offer. I'm working on my Masters right now and working!

I went to the open house at WNEC last weekend. Did any of you make it?

Pros:
- Very solid group of people they've put together there; faculty and administration knowledgble and friendly (Dean has helped with two other new schools- Charleston and one other one [I forgot which one])
- Laptop and technology program
- Emphasizing pharmacist as teacher/educator in curriculum- hadn't seen that elsewhere
- Brand new building (pictures looked good, but no tour yet- not finished until January)
- Will have campus housing available for all four years
- Nice campus (hard to believe that is Springfield)

Cons:
- New school...inherent accreditation risk (they said ACPE was coming for site visit this week)
- Kind of pricey ($34,900/yr)
- Lots of pre-pharmacy students already there...I asked Student Affairs Dean how many seats were for them, and he said there was no set number; he expected 40-45 seats for transfer students. (I hope that is the case.)

All in all, I left pretty satisfied. Are there any WNEC pre-pharmacy students out there who can tell me about what is like going to WNEC (the college as a whole)?

Off to SJF's open house in two weeks!

Got an interview invite to WNEC for December 3. Hope to see some of you there, the e-mail makes it sound like an entirely group activity except for the actual interview portion.

Got an interview invite to WNEC for December 3. Hope to see some of you there, the e-mail makes it sound like an entirely group activity except for the actual interview portion.

hey i got interview invitation from Western New England College School of Pharmacy today. my interview date will be on december 3rd. let me know people. see you there. so excited

hey i got interview invitation from Western New England College School of Pharmacy today. my interview date will be on december 3rd. let me know people. see you there. so excited

I also got an interview, not sure if i'm going to go. I already as accepted at Touro in NYC. But I may give WNEC a shot since I should be able to just drive there. I'll e-mail them back and decide soon! I just worry a little about the accreditation, but I think its probably worth interviewing.

I also got an interview, not sure if i'm going to go. I already as accepted at Touro in NYC. But I may give WNEC a shot since I should be able to just drive there. I'll e-mail them back and decide soon! I just worry a little about the accreditation, but I think its probably worth interviewing.

I'm definitely going to interview there. let me know if you are going. I have my interview with south university on 11/5 and university of maryland eastern shore on 11/18 in addition to wnec on 12/3. i won't rule out any interview opportunities because you never know. i still prefer the first two because they are 3 year accelerated programs

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to 14 pharmacy schools, and 5 pharmacy schools have invited me to interview with them so far, and I have gone to 2 of them already.

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5/2010-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18/2010-:xf:
Sullivan University-still waiting
Pacific university in oregon-interview 01/08/2011:xf:
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18/2011:xf:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades.

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03/2010:xf:
Presbyterian College-still waiting
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-still waiting

I applied to 14 pharmacy schools, and 5 pharmacy schools have invited me to interview with them so far, and I have gone to 2 of them already.

I think if you've applied to 14 schools, you've got a decent chance on getting into at least one of them!

Good heavens...How much did all of these supplemental applications cost you?

I think if you've applied to 14 schools, you've got a decent chance on getting into at least one of them!

Good heavens...How much did all of these supplemental applications cost you?

i hope i'll get into at least one of the five schools i got interviewed. the applications cost me 1000 on the pharmcas and close to 1000 on the supplemental applications. good luck and i'll see you on 12/3 at WNEC:xf:

i hope i'll get into at least one of the five schools i got interviewed. the applications cost me 1000 on the pharmcas and close to 1000 on the supplemental applications. good luck and i'll see you on 12/3 at WNEC:xf:

Two thousand dollars?!:scared:

I wish I were going to WNEC on 12/3, but I haven't gotten any interview invites yet- I didn't get my PharmCAS app finished until two weeks ago. (Stupid, stupid, stupid...I didn't realize how important it was to get it finished early.)

Good luck with your interview!

Two thousand dollars?!:scared:

I wish I were going to WNEC on 12/3, but I haven't gotten any interview invites yet- I didn't get my PharmCAS app finished until two weeks ago. (Stupid, stupid, stupid...I didn't realize how important it was to get it finished early.)

Good luck with your interview!

i applied to LIU in new york also because i live in nj. but they don't start interviewing people until february. thanks for the good luck wishes. i need it

i applied to LIU in new york also because i live in nj. but they don't start interviewing people until february. thanks for the good luck wishes. i need it

Why didn't you apply to any schools in philly?

Today is the happiest day of my life! I got accepted by UMES Pharmacy school ooo yay

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:):laugh:
Sullivan University-still waiting
Pacific university in oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08:xf:
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18:xf:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades.

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03:xf:
Presbyterian College-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-interview 01/28/2011 :xf:

Can anyone who interviewed at WNEC already provide some feedback, as far as interview set-up and style? I looked in Interview Feedback and started reading the 81 responses...and then I realized that was looking at Western University in California :laugh:

I went to the grand opening for their new building last week- I didn't have any finals that day and made the 20 mile trip. Yup...I could see myself going there definitely!

Can anyone who interviewed at WNEC already provide some feedback, as far as interview set-up and style? I looked in Interview Feedback and started reading the 81 responses...and then I realized that was looking at Western University in California :laugh:

I went to the grand opening for their new building last week- I didn't have any finals that day and made the 20 mile trip. Yup...I could see myself going there definitely!

It lasted about 3 and a half hours from start to finish. There were a few speakers who talked alot about the program. Then the Asst. Dean broke the whole group (about 12 of us?) into 3 groups. There was a half hour writing sample, half hour-ish tour of the campus, and then a 2-on-1 interview.

My interview was a faculty member and a practicing community pharmacist, but I've heard others got 2 faculty members. It was about a half hour long and consisted of a lot of hypothetical questions. It was semi-open file. They did not look at my grades, just where I went to school and my PharmCAS essay. A couple sample questions I was asked were "If a patient came in to the pharmacy smelling of alcohol, what would you do?" and "If you knew your classmate was scheduled for 3 hours of community service and saw him/her complete 1 hour and sign off that all 3 were completed, would you report his/her actions to the faculty?" About a third of my questions were like this, and the rest were typical: Why Pharmacy, Why WNEC, Tell me about yourself, How do you manage time, etc.

Hope this helps! I got accepted, but will be turning down my seat. They accept 70ish students I believe, Good Luck!

It lasted about 3 and a half hours from start to finish. There were a few speakers who talked alot about the program. Then the Asst. Dean broke the whole group (about 12 of us?) into 3 groups. There was a half hour writing sample, half hour-ish tour of the campus, and then a 2-on-1 interview.

My interview was a faculty member and a practicing community pharmacist, but I've heard others got 2 faculty members. It was about a half hour long and consisted of a lot of hypothetical questions. It was semi-open file. They did not look at my grades, just where I went to school and my PharmCAS essay. A couple sample questions I was asked were "If a patient came in to the pharmacy smelling of alcohol, what would you do?" and "If you knew your classmate was scheduled for 3 hours of community service and saw him/her complete 1 hour and sign off that all 3 were completed, would you report his/her actions to the faculty?" About a third of my questions were like this, and the rest were typical: Why Pharmacy, Why WNEC, Tell me about yourself, How do you manage time, etc.

Hope this helps! I got accepted, but will be turning down my seat. They accept 70ish students I believe, Good Luck!

May I ask you how did you get accepted without them being accreditted yet? DiD DEAN spooner call you? Dean Spooner called me last week and said They will accept me as soon as I send them my fall transcript to show them my orgo grade (i just finished my final tonight for orgo I). he said no one will be accepted until they can prove that they can pass orgo. but he said i'm a highly likely applicant. I interviewed on december 3rd, did you interview that day too or the november one?

May I ask you how did you get accepted without them being accreditted yet? DiD DEAN spooner call you? Dean Spooner called me last week and said They will accept me as soon as I send them my fall transcript to show them my orgo grade (i just finished my final tonight for orgo I). he said no one will be accepted until they can prove that they can pass orgo. but he said i'm a highly likely applicant. I interviewed on december 3rd, did you interview that day too or the november one?

I interviewed Dec 3 and yes Dean Spooner called me. He told me I was officially accepted, and he would send me a letter next week, and I would have until Feb 1 to pay the deposit. I know he said they wouldn't send anything out until Jan 24 when they get accredited but this is what he told me over the phone.

I interviewed Dec 3 and yes Dean Spooner called me. He told me I was officially accepted, and he would send me a letter next week, and I would have until Feb 1 to pay the deposit. I know he said they wouldn't send anything out until Jan 24 when they get accredited but this is what he told me over the phone.

are you the guy from albany or Masschusetts? I interviewed on december 3rd, spooner called me and said they just need to see my orgo I Grade before they can accept me. so i need to give them the fall transcript as soon as the grades are posted. hE SAID he just wants to make sure everyone who is taking orgo can pass with a C or better before he can offer admission to anyone but he said as of now it's highly like to accept me. I guess you finished orgo already so they made a decision with your orgo grades? why are you turning down though?

are you the guy from albany or Masschusetts? I interviewed on december 3rd, spooner called me and said they just need to see my orgo I Grade before they can accept me. so i need to give them the fall transcript as soon as the grades are posted. hE SAID he just wants to make sure everyone who is taking orgo can pass with a C or better before he can offer admission to anyone but he said as of now it's highly like to accept me. I guess you finished orgo already so they made a decision with your orgo grades? why are you turning down though?

Hey, I was the guy from Mass. My missing pre-reqs were Statistics, Ethics/Religion and Public Speaking... so nothing major. I got into MCP Worcester, and want to go there because its an accelerated program and Ive already been out of high school 5 yrs and want to get my degree as soon as possible so I can start paying back these student loans :scared: . Anyways good luck... seems like a really great program.

Hey, I was the guy from Mass. My missing pre-reqs were Statistics, Ethics/Religion and Public Speaking... so nothing major. I got into MCP Worcester, and want to go there because its an accelerated program and Ive already been out of high school 5 yrs and want to get my degree as soon as possible so I can start paying back these student loans :scared: . Anyways good luck... seems like a really great program.

my missing pre-reqs were orgo and physics. i just took orgo I this fall and taking orgo II in the spring. do you remember he said at the interview no one will be accepted unless they have the orgo grade? so dean spooner said i need to submit the my fall grades to bonnie as soon as they are available, so they can accept me. congrats on getting into MCP, i heard it's a great school, the only school is the big class size that i don't like, good luck in MCP. Did you apply to anywhere else? by the way where in masschusetts are you from?

my missing pre-reqs were orgo and physics. i just took orgo I this fall and taking orgo II in the spring. do you remember he said at the interview no one will be accepted unless they have the orgo grade? so dean spooner said i need to submit the my fall grades to bonnie as soon as they are available, so they can accept me. congrats on getting into MCP, i heard it's a great school, the only school is the big class size that i don't like, good luck in MCP. Did you apply to anywhere else? by the way where in masschusetts are you from?

I see from your signature that you were accepted at UMES. Did UMES accept you before you finished organic chemistry I?

I see from your signature that you were accepted at UMES. Did UMES accept you before you finished organic chemistry I?

yes umes accepted me before seeing my orgo I. EVERY school is different. I hope to get into wnec. it's my top choice. i like everything about the school when i went for the interview and good luck on your interview. i hope we both get in. i know wnec is your first choice

Last edited:
Anyone else have any more information about the interview for WNEC? It sounds like a great time, and would love to hear any more info or tips about it.

Anyone else have any more information about the interview for WNEC? It sounds like a great time, and would love to hear any more info or tips about it.

I'm interviewing on Thursday...I'll let you know!

Have you applied there as well?

yes umes accepted me before seeing my orgo I. EVERY school is different. I hope to get into wnec. it's my top choice. i like everything about the school when i went for the interview and good luck on your interview. i hope we both get in. i know wnec is your first choice

It is my top choice too. If I get into UConn, I'll probably end up going there (begrudgingly) because the price differential is too substantial for me to ignore. I don't think the odds of me getting into UConn are too good though- they fill their class with their pre-pharmacy students first, and then go to outsiders if there are any spots left- and I've been told there usually isn't.

Good luck- hope you get some good news soon!

It is my top choice too. If I get into UConn, I'll probably end up going there (begrudgingly) because the price differential is too substantial for me to ignore. I don't think the odds of me getting into UConn are too good though- they fill their class with their pre-pharmacy students first, and then go to outsiders if there are any spots left- and I've been told there usually isn't.

Good luck- hope you get some good news soon!

thank you now i'm so nervous. dean spooner just emailed me and said he will call me tomorrow. I wonder why? so nervous now:xf:

OH my god, happiest day of my life, i just got a call from dean spooner, i got in yayayay, and have until february 1st to pay the deposit. if anyone has any question, feel free to ask, good luck to everyone:love:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:):laugh:
Sullivan University-rejected
Pacific university in oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08:xf:
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18:xf:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades
Appalachian College of Pharmacy-still waiting

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03-ACCEPTED ON 1/5/2011:laugh::love::)
Presbyterian College-interview 02/01/2011-Declined interview
Husson University-interview 02/04/2011:xf:
University of New England-interview 03/04/2011
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Idaho State University-still waiting
Concordia-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-interview 01/28/2011-declined interview

Last edited:
OH my god, happiest day of my life, i just got a call from dean spooner, i got in yayayay, and have until february 1st to pay the deposit. if anyone has any question, feel free to ask, good luck to everyone:love:

Congrats!

I had my interview today. I could have done better.

It started with a welcome by the Dean, and then a review of the academic program by one of the Assistant Deans. I'm excited about the technology- all students get their own tablet PCs.

We then did a timed writing sample. Hypothetical question...pretty standard stuff.

We then split up into groups- my group went on a tour of campus and the new facility. Movers were still taking furniture in, but was told will be open for undergrad classes later this month (so definitely ready for pharmacy in the fall).

We then had our interviews. I had two faculty members. It lasted 30 minutes. I was SO NERVOUS:(!!! So much I had trouble speaking at first and gave some yesor no answers to questions that weren't yes or no questions. I got calmer as the interview went on and did better, but was still nervous. I hope they don't take off for that. I wasn't wet mysefl nervous, but pretty nervous.

We then had a presentation by experiential person, and then the student affairs dean talked to us. And that was it. Start to finish 3 hours 15 minutes.

Gosh I wish I wasn't so nervous. It was my first interview, and learned. I'll do better at my next one. Just HOPE I didn't blow it here.:mad:

I had my interview today. I could have done better.

It started with a welcome by the Dean, and then a review of the academic program by one of the Assistant Deans. I'm excited about the technology- all students get their own tablet PCs.

We then did a timed writing sample. Hypothetical question...pretty standard stuff.

We then split up into groups- my group went on a tour of campus and the new facility. Movers were still taking furniture in, but was told will be open for undergrad classes later this month (so definitely ready for pharmacy in the fall).

We then had our interviews. I had two faculty members. It lasted 30 minutes. I was SO NERVOUS:(!!! So much I had trouble speaking at first and gave some yesor no answers to questions that weren't yes or no questions. I got calmer as the interview went on and did better, but was still nervous. I hope they don't take off for that. I wasn't wet mysefl nervous, but pretty nervous.

We then had a presentation by experiential person, and then the student affairs dean talked to us. And that was it. Start to finish 3 hours 15 minutes.

Gosh I wish I wasn't so nervous. It was my first interview, and learned. I'll do better at my next one. Just HOPE I didn't blow it here.:mad:

good luck

Hey i know its hardly been a few days but did anyone heard anything back from January interviews?
i interviewed on the 6th and they said that they'd call "next week"

Hey i know its hardly been a few days but did anyone heard anything back from January interviews?
i interviewed on the 6th and they said that they'd call "next week"

I was there that day too; I think I remember the Dean saying he'd call us Thursday afternoon; not sure if the snow today is going to delay it.

SO NERVOUS!!!:uhno:

Good luck!

I was there that day too; I think I remember the Dean saying he'd call us Thursday afternoon; not sure if the snow today is going to delay it.

SO NERVOUS!!!:uhno:

Good luck!

good luck, i know WNEC is your top choice

hey i got an interview invitation with university of new england today for march 4th. i heard you said before you have interviewed at university of new england. can you share your feedback please and how the interview was set up? did you get accepted?

hey i got an interview invitation with university of new england today for march 4th. i heard you said before you have interviewed at university of new england. can you share your feedback please and how the interview was set up? did you get accepted?

Hey, I actually got re-scheduled my UNE interview then wound up getting into my #1 choice so I withdrew my application there and never interviewed.

We got about 2 feet of snow yesterday, so WNEC and just about every other public and private school in the entire state closed down yesterday. I believe WNEC is open today though.. good luck to those of you waiting for calls.

Hey, I actually got re-scheduled my UNE interview then wound up getting into my #1 choice so I withdrew my application there and never interviewed.

We got about 2 feet of snow yesterday, so WNEC and just about every other public and private school in the entire state closed down yesterday. I believe WNEC is open today though.. good luck to those of you waiting for calls.

ok i see. thanks for replying. if i get into my first choice school lecom-erie (january 18th interview) , then i will PRObably withdraw my UNE interview too.

i was there that day too; i think i remember the dean saying he'd call us thursday afternoon; not sure if the snow today is going to delay it.

So nervous!!!:uhno:

Good luck!

accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goodluck!!

Last edited: