"We're the One" (Stanford School of Medicine Parody of "I'm the One")

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StanfordMedStudent2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Pre-Meds! Stanford's back at it again with this year's parody music video (presented by the entering PA and MD classes of 2017):

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What did I just watch lol? I can't stop cringing...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not interested.

Reactions: 5 users
This is why we have mid-level creep.

Reactions: 7 users
So cringe. Much horror.

"There ain't no need to be nervous, when you live a life of service. It's the truth, wear some red, we the best, Stanford Med."
:boom:

Reactions: 2 users
Usually I love these SoM music video parodies. But this one is a bit too much : \

Reactions: 2 users
you get three A's for this video: awful, awkward, and arrogant !

wow I went to high school with two of the M1s lol

I like the med school parodies.

I thought about why I found this video some-what distasteful, and I think its because the students in this video are clinging on the more shallow side of medicine, which are:

"prestige, money, and power".

I want to be a physician to help people get better, that simple. Not to be "an orthoGOD who drives a Tesla".

It's a parody of dj khaled.. what did y'all expect?

I thought it was funny and nice to see the students so close. I haven't seen the others so I don't have a reference but I feel like people are taking this way too seriously.

Reactions: 3 users
It would've been better/less-horrible if it wasn't so obvious that they're lip syncing.

LOL. I actually found this fun. DJ Khaled parody is supposed to be over-the-top, nah? "Key to success" and all that

It would've been better/less-horrible if it wasn't so obvious that they're lip syncing.

Yeah the first scene was particularly bad in that regard. It’s just another mediocre video about picking a specialty (or at least that’s what I assume since I turned it off after she started singing about wondering what specialty to go into).

I liked it! I just wish they showed more of Stanford itself

Maybe a drone shot next time?

Status
Not open for further replies.