Wayne State Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm surprised no one has heard yet
Same here. Maybe since the seats already started filling up so they get to be more frugal with their acceptance choices? Still surprising though.
I have a flight to Florida for an interview with Nova tomorrow and I'm so upset that I won't be able to check my email on the flight.. haha!
On the bright side, you'll at least be in Florida and not freezing in Michigan lol

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think pharmacy school will be much tougher.
Maybe it's that they have more applicants to work with, considering all the people that got deferred.
I am not sure if a lot of people got deferred. Seems like more people got accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)

I am not sure if a lot of people got deferred. Seems like more people got accepted.

how many ppl do you know that got accepted?

I think its about equal. So yes, I think its taking longer for the Nov 10 interviewers to hear back because of the all the people who got deferred. I interviewed on Oct 28th and I got deferred so I'm hoping to hear back the next time they send out acceptances. Maybe tomorrow or Friday.

how many ppl do you know that got accepted?
Just the ones that said they got accepted on here. Almost everyone in my group said their interviews went very well.

I think its about equal. So yes, I think its taking longer for the Nov 10 interviewers to hear back because of the all the people who got deferred. I interviewed on Oct 28th and I got deferred so I'm hoping to hear back the next time they send out acceptances. Maybe tomorrow or Friday.

If you dont mind me asking but what are your stats? And how did you interview go? The waiting is slowly driving me nuts.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol I was told exactly 3:50pm on thurday which is Wednesday for you guys but you never know how long it would take and depends whether or not it's the morning or afternoon...
lol i was told at 4:35 on thursday (today for those interviewing the 10th..) funny how we remember the time!

Just the ones that said they got accepted on here. Almost everyone in my group said their interviews went very well.

If you dont mind me asking but what are your stats? And how did you interview go? The waiting is slowly driving me nuts.

My GPA is a 3.56, I got a 97 on my PCAT, and I'm getting a bioengineering degree. My interview didn't go well. I did not prepare well enough because I thought my stats would get me in for sure. So for those that didn't interview yet, practice for your interviews! No matter how good your stats are.

My GPA is a 3.56, I got a 97 on my PCAT, and I'm getting a bioengineering degree. My interview didn't go well. I did not prepare well enough because I thought my stats would get me in for sure. So for those that didn't interview yet, practice for your interviews! No matter how good your stats are.
Why did you feel interview didn't go so well? I felt mine didn't goo week either. I talked a lot loll. Also, dip you have any experience?

Yea it's very important to practice the possible questions they could ask. I don't know what I would have said if I didn't lol probably would have blanked out a lot. You still got a big chance to get in especially with those stats though!

Why did you feel interview didn't go so well? I felt mine didn't goo week either. I talked a lot loll. Also, dip you have any experience?
I talked alot too. They weren't answering back much and I didn't get into a good conversation with them. It was just questions and I never felt comfortable and towards the end I was really nervous and they could tell. I was also the first one in my group to be done and I think its better if the interview last longer.

I do have experience with shadowing a clinical pharmacist and I worked as a pharmacy tech.

I talked alot too. They weren't answering back much and I didn't get into a good conversation with them. It was just questions and I never felt comfortable and towards the end I was really nervous and they could tell. I was also the first one in my group to be done and I think its better if the interview last longer.

I do have experience with shadowing a clinical pharmacist and I worked as a pharmacy tech.
I also finished first someone else came out right after but its probably because I knew what to say for each question asked since I practiced them and I only had one question to ask in the end. I could have asked stupid questions like is it safe here or how many people are accepted to waste more time but for what makes me look dumb instead of being interested like people say lol

I also finished first someone else came out right after but its probably because I knew what to say for each question asked since I practiced them and I only had one question to ask in the end. I could have asked stupid questions like is it safe here or how many people are accepted to waste more time but for what makes me look dumb instead of being interested like people say lol
I felt like I was prepared, but they focuses on the weakest point of my application. Also, it did not feel like a conversation. I did ask them couple good questions about their research projects and the prof that deal with the kind of research I am interested in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't think I was going to get accepted because I was so nervous during my interview but I practiced what I was going to say so I'm glad they knew it was just nerves.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder how many people they accepted so far from the 80 interviews?

ACCEPTED!! I was checking my email for a response from one of my teachers I scroll down and see an email that says "CONGRATULATIONS!" I went nuts lol..congrats to the rest of you as well who also got accepted! :)

When will the next interview dates take place?
From what I've seen in wayne state forums from past years, I believe they will have the next interviews maybe by early December. They will definitely notify everyone ASAP so always check your email

ACCEPTED!! I was checking my email for a response from one of my teachers I scroll down and see an email that says "CONGRATULATIONS!" I went nuts lol..congrats to the rest of you as well who also got accepted! :)
We should have a party in h. phys lol so glad I missed the first interview date for the exam lol even though we all failed

We should have a party in h. phys lol so glad I missed the first interview date for the exam lol even though we all failed
Yes we should definitely lol. I seriously feel like I can't focus anymore in that class i'm too excited to start pharmacy school lol i'm so over undergrad

Yes we should definitely lol. I seriously feel like I can't focus anymore in that class i'm too excited to start pharmacy school lol i'm so over undergrad
I feel the exact same way. 3 years in undergrad is more than enough lol

Can anyone provide any details on the housing near the campus? cost? Is it worth it to have room mates? can you afford to pay for your living expenses by working part time? Thanks!

Lol yeah I spent the whole week just not studying feel like such a badass haha

Hey Guys,

My interview is on December 4th. I was wondering if there will be any seats left by then. I'm scared because my interview is later than your guys and if there will be any seats left by then. Also any tips for the interview? Do you guys know what they like to hear from applicants? I'm just scared because Wayne is my first choice and I don't know if my stats are good enough at all. My science GPA is 3.71, overall GPA is 3.75. My PCAT went horrible (64th Percentile with highest scores in Chem and Bio). I am a pharmacy technician and I have done research at the Wayne State Medical School. I have also been a Patient Care Aide at Beaumont Hospital and have taken part in organizations like United Way.

Please give me your thoughts.
Thank You

Hey Guys,

My interview is on December 4th. I was wondering if there will be any seats left by then. I'm scared because my interview is later than your guys and if there will be any seats left by then. Also any tips for the interview? Do you guys know what they like to hear from applicants? I'm just scared because Wayne is my first choice and I don't know if my stats are good enough at all. My science GPA is 3.71, overall GPA is 3.75. My PCAT went horrible (64th Percentile with highest scores in Chem and Bio). I am a pharmacy technician and I have done research at the Wayne State Medical School. I have also been a Patient Care Aide at Beaumont Hospital and have taken part in organizations like United Way.

Please give me your thoughts.
Thank You
There should definitely be seats. Interviews go for a while. There should probably be at least 30-40 seats left. As far as the interview goes, honestly just be yourself. Don't think of the interview as an interview. Think of it as a conversation because that is precisely what it felt like. They ask very simple questions and will for sure ask you "why pharmacy" and "why wayne state". Make sure you have questions ready to ask them at the end. I asked them about what kind of research opportunities they offer and about post-graduates getting jobs and what wayne state can do to assist students in doing so. It's ok to be nervous because they expect that. Believe me, I was a nervous wreck before my interview. So just be yourself and show that you are interested in pharmacy and in attending wayne state (which is why it is important to ask questions at the end to show interest). As far as your stats go, your GPA is great. Your PCAT is not horrible, but you have your GPA to balance it out. I have heard of students getting in with a 50th percentile PCAT last year because of their high GPA. Since you also work as a pharmacy technician, that is a good extracurricular to talk about as well as your research at wayne state medical school. Talk about what you have learned from your extracurriculars, how what you learned will benefit you for both pharmacy school and your career, and basically how all of your extracurriculars tied in with your interest for pharmacy. I think as long as you have a solid interview you'll have a solid shot at getting in. So don't stress, just be yourself at the interview, and STAY OPTIMISTIC!

Good Luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey Guys,
So I was wondering how did you write your resumes? What headings did you use? Can someone post a template?

Hey Guys,
So I was wondering how did you write your resumes? What headings did you use? Can someone post a template?
Basically all I did was pretty much copy and paste the stuff I had on my PharmCAS application and post it on my resume, specifically my extracurriculars, my job information, my grades and other basic information. I didn't include it in mine because I forgot but it would be good to make a section for your skills too. Just keep it basic they basically just need the stuff I mentioned above so that when they interview you they know exactly what you have done so they can ask you about it.

Basically all I did was pretty much copy and paste the stuff I had on my PharmCAS application and post it on my resume, specifically my extracurriculars, my job information, my grades and other basic information. I didn't include it in mine because I forgot but it would be good to make a section for your skills too. Just keep it basic they basically just need the stuff I mentioned above so that when they interview you they know exactly what you have done so they can ask you about it.
Thank you so much, that helps. I basically made a timeline of the things I've done and separated them into sections (education, work, volunteer..etc). I didn't include any details or description though, did you do that? and did you include a cover letter?
P.S. congrats on getting accepted :)

Thank you so much, that helps. I basically made a timeline of the things I've done and separated them into sections (education, work, volunteer..etc). I didn't include any details or description though, did you do that? and did you include a cover letter?
P.S. congrats on getting accepted :)
I did include a small description with everything. It doesn't have to be a full explanation because you can explain that at the interview but just provide a short, general description to give an idea of what you did. And nope no cover letter is necessary I didn't use one. And thank you!

Hey Guys,
I just used the same resume I used for work/jobs, adding and removing information as necessary. I included my education, volunteer experience, work experience, awards, and skills. For the heading, I just had my name (in slightly bigger font), address, phone number, and email address and separated it from the rest of the resume with a solid horizontal line.

I did include a small description with everything. It doesn't have to be a full explanation because you can explain that at the interview but just provide a short, general description to give an idea of what you did. And nope no cover letter is necessary I didn't use one. And thank you!
Alright, sounds good. Thanks!

I just used the same resume I used for work/jobs, adding and removing information as necessary. I included my education, volunteer experience, work experience, awards, and skills. For the heading, I just had my name (in slightly bigger font), address, phone number, and email address and separated it from the rest of the resume with a solid horizontal line.
That's exactly what I'm doing, thank you for the reply and congrats on getting accepted :)