WAMC/School List (Reapplicant/3.62 cgpa/3.91 postbacc/511)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chidori_Nagashi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. AMCAS cgpa: 3.62, sgpa: 3.47
    1. Freshman Year: cgpa: 3.17, sgpa: 2.5
    2. Sophomore Year: cgpa: 3.56, spga: 3.16
    3. Junior Year: cgpa: 3.8, sgpa: 3.66
    4. Senior Year: cgpa: 3.57, sgpa: 3.54
    5. Postbacc: cgpa: 3.91, sgpa: 3.88 (24 BCPM credit hours over 2 semesters)
  2. MCAT: 511 (128/126/127/130); taken May 2022
  3. State of Residence: IL
  4. Ethnicity/Race: ORM; Asian (Filipino-Chinese, Indonesian, Pakistani)
  5. Clinical Experience: 2000 hours as a Behavioral Health Technician in an inpatient psychiatric unit
  6. Research Experience (no poster presentations or publications):
    1. 250 hours working in a psychology lab focusing on infant cognition
    2. 300 hours working in a psychology lab focusing on development of mental illness in youth
  7. Shadowing: 74 hours in family medicine and psychiatry
  8. Non-clinical volunteering:
    1. 450 hours working with at-risk youth with emotional and behavioral challenges at a residential treatment center
    2. 67 hours as a student volunteer for a youth leadership program for high school students from underserved regions in the Philippines
    3. 50 hours as an ESL classroom assistant and one-on-one young adult mentor to refugees
  9. Other extracurricular activities:
    1. Sideline Reporter and Play-by-Play Announcer for a national sports television network for 4 years, covering college basketball, soccer, volleyball, and wrestling
    2. Freshman Seminar TA for 2 years, designed to familiarize and help first-year students transition into college
    3. Anatomy TA for a high school outreach program for one semester
    4. Traveled to the Philippines to work on a Fulbright-Hays project for one week
  10. Eagle Scout
  11. Lizzy M score: 67.20; WARS score: 63

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Previously

Members don't see this ad :)
When and where did you apply previously ? Any interviews or waitlist ?
I applied in the 2022-23 cycle solely to MD schools and received no interviews. I was complete at all schools between late August-September, and a couple of schools told me that was too late for them, so my priority is to submit everything as soon as possible for this cycle. I did a DIY postbacc since then and also gained more clinical hours and non-clinical volunteering hours.

My full school list that I applied to in 2022-23:

Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine
Rosalind Franklin University
Loyola
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
Albany
Drexel
Quinnipiac
Georgetown
Medical College of Wisconsin
Thomas Jefferson University

When you reapply you should include DO schools. I suggest these MD schools:
U Illinois
Southern Illinois
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
St. Louis
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Creighton
Tulane
Belmont
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Alice Walton (when it opens)
Roseman (when it opens)
For DO schools I suggest these:
CCOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
CUSOM
PCOM
LECOM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY

Reactions: 1 user
When you reapply you should include DO schools. I suggest these MD schools:
U Illinois
Southern Illinois
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
St. Louis
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Creighton
Tulane
Belmont
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Alice Walton (when it opens)
Roseman (when it opens)
For DO schools I suggest these:
CCOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
CUSOM
PCOM
LECOM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
Thank you very much.

Previously
Do you agree with Faha's list? Any other schools you might add that reward reinvention? Thank you.

Chances were best at DO last time, as you saw when you received no interviews. You will still need to have around 10-12 of them this cycle. I would pass on Western Michigan since they have targeted higher median MCATs for their OOS pool in the past.

Reactions: 1 users
Chances were best at DO last time, as you saw when you received no interviews. You will still need to have around 10-12 of them this cycle. I would pass on Western Michigan since they have targeted higher median MCATs for their OOS pool in the past.
Noted, thank you for the insight. Have I done enough reinvention to get better results, assuming I apply early? Or are my chances roughly the same given that I’m a re-applicant?

I recommend:
I recommend:

Temple
EVMS
Emory
Jefferson
U VM
Miami
Drexel
Albany
Tufts
TCU
Your state schools (but SIU only if you're from southern IL) Skip UI-Carle. They like engineeers
Rush
Loyola
Rosy Franklin
Tulane
Wake
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Wayne State
Netter
NovaMD
NYU.LI
Gtown
GWU
NOTE: as a reinventor, you need DO schools on your list. Any DO school. I can't recommend LMU, SOMA, RVU, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. Avoid those new schools that haven't graduated a class yet, if possible.

Watch tuition at CCOM!

Noted, thank you for the insight. Have I done enough reinvention to get better results, assuming I apply early? Or are my chances roughly the same given that I’m a re-applicant?
You may receive some MD interviews given the large increase in clinical hours and the post-bacc grades compared to your last app.

I recommend:
I recommend:

Temple
EVMS
Emory
Jefferson
U VM
Miami
Drexel
Albany
Tufts
TCU
Your state schools (but SIU only if you're from southern IL) Skip UI-Carle. They like engineeers
Rush
Loyola
Rosy Franklin
Tulane
Wake
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Wayne State
Netter
NovaMD
NYU.LI
Gtown
GWU
NOTE: as a reinventor, you need DO schools on your list. Any DO school. I can't recommend LMU, SOMA, RVU, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. Avoid those new schools that haven't graduated a class yet, if possible.

Watch tuition at CCOM!
Thanks a lot for the help, Goro!

However, I just found out that UIC, my state school, is the only school on this list that won't accept my old MCAT score since they have a cutoff date of August 2022. Is this detrimental to my overall chances of getting an MD II?

However, I just found out that UIC, my state school, is the only school on this list that won't accept my old MCAT score since they have a cutoff date of August 2022. Is this detrimental to my overall chances of getting an MD II?
That will be school specific. So, homework time for you!

Reactions: 1 user

That might not be the only school that will deem your MCAT "expired" since it was taken in 2022. So check your school list, and prepare accordingly... or delay until after you crush the MCAT retake.

That might not be the only school that will deem your MCAT "expired" since it was taken in 2022. So check your school list, and prepare accordingly... or delay until after you crush the MCAT retake.
That will be school specific. So, homework time for you!
Thank you both for the advice. On my list for MD schools, it's just UIC that deems my MCAT score as expired, so my plan is to go ahead and apply this cycle.