WAMC: 513/3.92 cGPA, 3.91 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dionysusofhealth

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by TMDSAS - 3.92 cGPA, 3.91 sGPA (only wanna apply in TX)
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown - 513 (130/124/129/130) someone calm me down on this cars score. i promise i can read like look at my other scores
  3. State of residence - TX
  4. Ethnicity and/or race - Asian
  5. Undergraduate institution or category - R1 Research University in TX
  6. Clinical experience -
    1. 400 hours patient care in a free clinic: took vitals, histories, and roomed patients.
    2. 100 hours hospice care: was a companion and fed the residents at times.
  7. Research experience and productivity - 1800 hours.
    1. second author, high impact.
    2. middle author, high impact.
    3. three abstracts
    4. five posters, 1 national conference
    5. one educational app
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented - CT Surgeon: 25 hours. Anesthesia: 20 hours. Gastro: 20 hours. Family Medicine: 20 hours.
  9. Non-clinical volunteering -
    1. Chemistry and Physics tutor for school: 100 hours.
    2. Free tutoring to low SES children: 250 hours.
    3. Hospital admin volunteer: 120 hours.
  10. Other extracurricular activities
    1. Leadership: Student Center Rep. ~ 75 hrs
  11. Relevant honors or awards -
    1. Deans list x3.
    2. 1st place poster award out of 50 participants with monetary award.
    3. 1 of 60 chosen from a pool of 500 for undergrad poster presentation with monetary award.
    4. Scholarship recipient at my school that paid for school
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important - n/a

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have any other community service that is not tutoring/teaching? You need 150 hours of service orientation activities to avoid getting screened out at most schools (food distribution, shelter volunteer, job/tax preparation, transportation services, housing rehabilitation). Any advocacy activities?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have any other community service that is not tutoring/teaching? You need 150 hours of service orientation activities to avoid getting screened out at most schools (food distribution, shelter volunteer, job/tax preparation, transportation services, housing rehabilitation). Any advocacy activities?

wait not really? can i get some right now? i thought most of my stuff was like non clinical volunteering since i would help low income kids for free and they were part of my community

wait not really? can i get some right now? i thought most of my stuff was like non clinical volunteering since i would help low income kids for free and they were part of my community
Read through

Read through

okay i read through that, but is it okay if i accrue some hours between now and my application to beef up the nonclinical stuff like working in a soup kitchen? i thought all my work with these kids in dallas and local libraries teaching them math and giving them like candy was good non clinical

okay i read through that, but is it okay if i accrue some hours between now and my application to beef up the nonclinical stuff like working in a soup kitchen? i thought all my work with these kids in dallas and local libraries teaching them math and giving them like candy was good non clinical
Do whatever you can do.

Do whatever you can do.

does this count: i spent like almost 200 hours in india building wells in villages over the course of like three months during three summers. idk if that counts but i am indian and ive been doing it since high school.

does this count: i spent like almost 200 hours in india building wells in villages over the course of like three months during three summers. idk if that counts but i am indian and ive been doing it since high school.
It's a great activity, but since you're doing it in India, it could be discounted. Read

frick. am i cooked with my nonclinical rn lol
I wouldn't say you're cooked but to further bolster things you could always start on other non-clinical volunteering in your local community

Reactions: 1 user