WAMC/School List (519 MCAT, 3.9X GPA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dacheese

Reaction score
I am trying to apply to medical school this coming cycle, and am trying to make a school list, I heard you guys are great with that kinda stuff. If anyone is willing to give me a helping hand I would be very grateful.

My Stats and Me:
519 MCAT 3.95 GPA, white from an average college

Narrative:
Health equity focus stemming from a event in my teenage years, and grown and modified by my various experiences. (if you wanna hear the rest, I would be glad to share my rough draft of PS in a private chatroom)

ECs:

Clinical:
Certified Nursing Assistant in Emergency Department- 600 hours before time of application (ongoing)
Clinical Volunteering in Hospital (CVICU)- 150 hours over the course of 1 year
Clinical Volunteering at Immigrant Clinic– 50 hours before time of application, started rather recently (ongoing)
Shadowing a Pediatrician-- 100 hours over the course of 2 months

Non-Clincal:
Math Tutor for disadvantaged students- 600 hours over 4 years
Homeless shelter volunteer- 300-ish hours, on and off over 2 years (ongoing)

Research:
Worked two research positions over the last two years– produced a poster that I presented at a conference, a solid chance of a low-impact pub before time of publication (at ongoing position)

Other:
Learning Spanish as a Hobby-- I am getting a minor in it, but got certified B2 fluency recently, joined my school's Spanish club, and have put a lot of extracurricular time into it (500 hours over 2 years, ongoing)

School List:
Miami
Georgetown
Loyola
Drexel
Boston University
Case Western Reserve
Duke
Tulane
UChicago
Northwestern
USC Keck
UCSD
UCSF
UCLA
EVMS
Mount Sanai
Pittsburgh
NYMC
Massachusetts
University of Vermont
Tufts
Ohio State
Creighton
John Hopkins
Emory
Temple
Minnesota

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Narrative:
Health equity/social justice focus stemming from a event in my teenage years, and grown and modified by my various experiences. (if you wanna hear the rest, I would be glad to share my rough draft of PS in a private chatroom)
Actually, what are your social justice activities while in college (within the last 2 years)?