WAMC other than my BS/MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmishGamerGirl

Reaction score
State/Country of Residence: FL

Ties to other States/Regions: NY

URM? (Y/N): N

Year in School: Senior

Undergraduate Major(s)/Minor(s): Biomedical Science and Philosophy Minor

Graduate Degrees (if applicable): N/A

Cumulative GPA: 3.94

Science GPA: 3.85~

MCAT Score(s): 513 (129/127/128/129)

Research Experience: 2 Years working on calculating and characterizing strain of the left ventricle of the heart in an engineering lab

Publications/Abstracts/Posters (include how you were credited e.g. first author, second author, etc.): Undergraduate thesis (35~ pages) and a poster presentation all at my school

Clinical Experience (paid or volunteer): Internship abroad for 2 months where I studied at an abroad American medical school and shadowed an ENT physician. Also got to scrub in to help hold someone's neck open with a retractor.

Physician Shadowing: Internship: 250 hours, Cardiac surgeon: 42 hours, Clinical Research Family medicine: 19

Non-Clinical Volunteering: 150 hours doing BS in the oncology ward in nearby hospital, went to Honduras to design a water system for locals but sadly forgot to put it on the primary -- added to the secondary where I can though

Other Extracurricular Activities: Participated in Gift of Life where I swab people's cheeks to add them to the potential bone marrow and stem cell transplant registry (found 4 matches for people with myelodysplastic disorder). In AEPi fraternity and served on the exec board. Participated on my school's ethics bowl team and qualified for the mid-regional bowl.

Other Employment History: N/A

Immediate family members in medicine? (Y/N): N

Specialty of Interest (if applicable): Neuro maybe?

Interest in Primary Care (Y/N): N

Interest in Rural Health (Y/N): N

Medical School List: Einstein, GW, GU, Temple, Rush, Jefferson, USF, UCF (BS/MD), UF, Miami, Wake, UCLA

Members don't see this ad.

Rush is looking for applicants with many more hours of clinical and non clinical volunteering than you have. I suggest adding more schools to your application and consider these:
Florida State
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
NOVA MD
Drexel
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Hofstra
New York Medical College
Rochester
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Tulane
TCU-UNT

Rush is looking for applicants with many more hours of clinical and non clinical volunteering than you have. I suggest adding more schools to your application and consider these:
Florida State
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
NOVA MD
Drexel
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Hofstra
New York Medical College
Rochester
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Okay makes sense. I'm already into UCF, is there a reason to choose those schools over UCF? Also, aren't Rochester, Hofstra, and Pitt reaches?

Members don't see this ad :)