WAMC: 3.94/505, ORM, FL Resident w/ decent ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klaw0311

Reaction score
Hello SDN, I need help here to see what are my chances for MD and DO programs based on what I have listed below.
My mission fit is to enhance healthcare access and outcomes for diverse and underserved communities as I feel all my experiences here line up along it. I would like a list of MD and DO schools that align with this mission fit and my stats.

1. MCAT score(s) and breakdown. Include all (non-voided) attempts:
    • First attempt: 497 (124/123/123/127)
    • Second attempt: 505 (129/124/126/126)
  2. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): FL
  3. Ethnicity and/or race: Asian
  4. Undergraduate institution or category: T30-40, studied Microbiology
  5. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): Paid experience at a primary care clinic, performing various medical assistant duties like vitals, X-ray, EKG (providing care to economically disadvantaged patients) and volunteered at a FREE clinic (serves low SES patients) (about ~1000+ hrs)
  6. Research experience and productivity (~400 hrs):
    • clinical research internship over the summer (dealt with COVID vaccine and HIV antibody therapy effectiveness)
    • Neuroscience research on aging and brain activity with one publication pending (geriatric research as the study was multi-disciplinary)
  7. Shadowing experience and specialties represented (110 hrs):
    • Anesthesiology, Psychiatry, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Primary Care, and Family Medicine.
  8. Non-clinical volunteering (~700 hrs):
    • Refugee tutoring (virtual/in-person), volunteering at the hospital (get to play board games with different patients) in various departments around the hospital, work with special needs kids to improve fitness regimen, feeding the homeless
  9. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc):
    • TA'd for General Chemistry and 2 Microbiology classes, Webmaster for a pre-med society, public relations/photographer/committee member of a religious organization that serves the student body of my faith (2 leadership positions for this)
  10. Relevant Honors and Awards: President's List and Dean's List a few times (but nothing significant)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Florida State
U Florida
Central Florida
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
NOVA MD
Belmont
Tulane
TCU