WAMC/Help with School List! - CA ORM, MCAT 515, sGPA 3.75

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tameimpaler

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Removed for privacy!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
solid stats, I’d add more OOS schools in the higher tier (Pitt, Case Western, UChicago for example) since your app is pretty strong and you may as well shoot your shot

Reactions: 1 user
Rush expects far more clinical and non clinical hours than you have. UConn admits few non residents with no connection to the state.
you could add any of these schools:
TCU
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
New York Medical College
Albany
Quinnipiac
Temple
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Rosalind Franklin

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If I'm reading the descriptions, these are different? Which activity is linked with your volunteer supervisor?

volunteer at student-run shelter for students facing housing insecurity (100 hrs)

free clinic volunteer, administered health screenings for hypertension, diabetes, etc (100 hrs)

Is this research? Are these patients or research subjects?
emergency dept. research volunteer, lots of patient interaction through one-on-one screenings (100 hrs) - part of ED initiative to identify SDOH in their patient population

The small issue is that I see you have a lot of activities with kids/children. What other face to face opportunities in non-clinical settings are you interacting with people unlike yourself and not as an expert? Generally older individuals? Is it only your work-study position (information desk)?

If I'm reading the descriptions, these are different? Which activity is linked with your volunteer supervisor?
Yes, these are separate volunteering experiences. Should have specified -- the volunteer supervisor writing my LOR is the one overseeing my volunteering at the children's hospital.
Is this research? Are these patients or research subjects?
They are patients, and my role is to collect survey data from them during their visit to the ED. Since my role is only data collection for the hospital's research team, I wasn't sure if I would classify this as research on my part.
The small issue is that I see you have a lot of activities with kids/children. What other face to face opportunities in non-clinical settings are you interacting with people unlike yourself and not as an expert? Generally older individuals? Is it only your work-study position (information desk)?
Hm, I would say I don't have much of this that I could put as an activity. I'll work on this during my gap year