WAMC- DO school list if even possible applying this cycle-any adv would be appreciated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1130726

Hi,
I was preparing to apply this cycle until I realized that my MCAT score that I just got isn't as good(485) as I wanted it to be(505)!
Do you know if it is even possible applying with this score, feeling really discouraged and lost on what to do!
I have approx 2 years and a half of clinical research experience- abstract publication
Various volunteer activities- medical and non-medical (community-based ones) approx 1500 hrs
clinical experience- approx 1700 hrs
MCAT 485
cGPA 3.4 -3.2ish sGPA
Race: URM
State: NY, but looking for any school possible across the US!
Any hope for this cycle- if so what schools do you recommend? Looking for DO schools at this moment!
Thanks,
@Faha

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Middle eastern background, Arabic fluently as well! looking for any hope this cycle!
You definitely should not apply with a MCAT of 485. Your chances for a DO acceptance are less than 1%. You need to retake the MCAT but do not retake until your practice scores are consistently over 500. Also, Middle Eastern are not considered URM for medical school admissions.

Reactions: 1 user