DO WAMC: Applying DO This Cycle; Help With School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Organic Dolphin

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

For quite some time I have been planning on applying next cycle. But after receiving my MCAT score a few people have told me that I should just try to apply DO this cycle. I do not have a preference of location whatsoever. I am currently taking an extra semester now just to boost my GPA a little.

GPA: 3.1sGPA ~3.15cGPA. I have a strong upward trend, as I did quite poorly my Freshman year. By the end of this semester I should be around a 3.2 for both.
I will be receiving my B.S. in Biology in December

Race: ORM

MCAT: 504 (126/127/125/126) This is my first and only attempt and I took the test on 9/12

State of Residency: Michigan

Non-Clinical Experience: I have around 60 hours volunteering in a Mens' Shelter. About 2000+ hours volunteering at a religious center for many years.

Clinical ECs: I was a scribe for 2 years and have around 1100+ hours doing that. I have also shadowed my internist for 40 hours. And I have 40 hours of volunteering at a hospital but that was when I was in high school.

LOR: I have 1 from an MD and from a science professor. I also have a humanities professor who is willing to write one for me.

School List: Since I am still in a tough semester, I only want to apply to around 6 schools, only DO
MSUCOM
LECOM
UP-KYCOM
CUSOM
MUCOM

Can anyone shed some light on these potential schools to apply to? As well as what my chances are going forward?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I believe you could be screened out at CUSOM with your GPA. You could receive interviews at the other schools you listed. You could also try any of these schools either this cycle or the next one:
WVSOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
TUNCOM
ATSU-SOMA
PCOM (all schools)
Noorda-COM (new school)

Reactions: 1 user
I believe you could be screened out at CUSOM with your GPA. You could receive interviews at the other schools you listed. You could also try any of these schools either this cycle or the next one:
WVSOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
TUNCOM
ATSU-SOMA
PCOM (all schools)
Noorda-COM (new school)
Thank you, Faha.
Considering Noorda has not been accredited for its match rates yet, would it still be safe to apply for that school?
Also, do you think I have a shot at MSUCOM with my stats? I know they have an in-state preference, and they are my ideal school so I would like to know your thoughts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you, Faha.
Considering Noorda has not been accredited for its match rates yet, would it still be safe to apply for that school?
Also, do you think I have a shot at MSUCOM with my stats? I know they have an in-state preference, and they are my ideal school so I would like to know your thoughts.
I can't recommend NOORDA as it is too new

Thank you, Faha.
Noorda would be your last choice if you are not accepted anywhere else. You could receive an interview at MSUCOM but any one school is unpredictable.

I can't recommend NOORDA as it is too new
Thanks Goro.
Can I ask if you think MSUCOM is a reasonable shot with my stats and residence? I have a recent graduate from the college who is willing to write me an LOR as well.

Noorda would be your last choice if you are not accepted anywhere else. You could receive an interview at MSUCOM but any one school is unpredictable.
Ok I understand. That sounds reasonable. I am not opposed to the for-profit aspect of Noorda, I was only wary about how new it is. I think I may as well submit an application there, however.