WAMC 2020 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wiltalex

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS
    1. Cumulative GPA: 3.80 sGPA: 3.88. High upward trend, started with 3.0 fall of freshman year, and have had multiple 4.0 semesters since.
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown
    1. 509: 127/126/128/128
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US)
    1. Missouri
  4. Ethnicity and/or race
    1. White male
  5. Undergraduate institution or category
    1. Senior at Public university in one of the largest cities in missouri
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
    1. ~2000 hours of ED scribing. ~250 hours of volunteer scribing and taking vital signs with an organization that provides free healthcare to the homeless. ~100 hours volunteering at hospital help desk.
  7. Research experience and productivity
    1. ~200 hrs sociology research with regional and national poster presentations. ~200 hrs parasitology research . ~200 hrs biochemical research
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    1. Over 100 hours shadowing both MD and DO. Shadowed surgical and clinical specialties.
  9. Non-clinical volunteering
    1. Multiple cumulative hours with different volunteer opportunities. Helped host multiple volunteer events on campus.
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    1. Tutor in biology, chemistry, physics for ~2.5 years. Supplemental instructor for general chemistry ~200 hours. Student ambassador ~150 hours. Tri-beta treasurer. ~200 hours. Helped found and was president of American Chemical Society chapter on campus ~300 hours.
  11. Relevant honors or awards
    1. Multiple deans list awards. Special recognition in chemistry award. Board of trustees scholarship award.
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important
    1. Because of my financial situation I have had to attend three different schools throughout my undergrad. I have done well at each of the schools I have attended and have tried to make the most out of each of them. I also received a C+ in genetics this semester due to emotional stress from losing two grandparents recently.

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Your Missouri state public schools
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac

1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS
    1. Cumulative GPA: 3.80 sGPA: 3.88. High upward trend, started with 3.0 fall of freshman year, and have had multiple 4.0 semesters since.
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown
    1. 509: 127/126/128/128
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US)
    1. Missouri
  4. Ethnicity and/or race
    1. White male
  5. Undergraduate institution or category
    1. Senior at Public university in one of the largest cities in missouri
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
    1. ~2000 hours of ED scribing. ~250 hours of volunteer scribing and taking vital signs with an organization that provides free healthcare to the homeless. ~100 hours volunteering at hospital help desk.
  7. Research experience and productivity
    1. ~200 hrs sociology research with regional and national poster presentations. ~200 hrs parasitology research . ~200 hrs biochemical research
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    1. Over 100 hours shadowing both MD and DO. Shadowed surgical and clinical specialties.
  9. Non-clinical volunteering
    1. Multiple cumulative hours with different volunteer opportunities. Helped host multiple volunteer events on campus.
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    1. Tutor in biology, chemistry, physics for ~2.5 years. Supplemental instructor for general chemistry ~200 hours. Student ambassador ~150 hours. Tri-beta treasurer. ~200 hours. Helped found and was president of American Chemical Society chapter on campus ~300 hours.
  11. Relevant honors or awards
    1. Multiple deans list awards. Special recognition in chemistry award. Board of trustees scholarship award.
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important
    1. Because of my financial situation I have had to attend three different schools throughout my undergrad. I have done well at each of the schools I have attended and have tried to make the most out of each of them. I also received a C+ in genetics this semester due to emotional stress from losing two grandparents recently.
I suggest:
U VM
U Toledo
Rush
NYMC (maybe)
Creighton
Albany
Rosy Franklin
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
MCW
SLU
WVU
Wayne State
Tulane
Loyola
Wake Forest
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
VCU
TCU.UNT
Netter
Seton Hall
EVMS
Oakland-B
Gtown
GWU
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Nova MD
Your state school(s).

Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CalHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites.