Waitlists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMPThopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I only applied to two programs, and I got waitlisted on each. Has anyone here been removed off the waitlist? (the reason why am I asking is because I want to get an idea of how likely it is to be accepted via the waitlist).

Members don't see this ad.

One of the physical therapists I used to work for got accepted from the waitlist a week before the program started.

The thing with waitlists is that each person's and each school's situation is unique. I have been removed off a waitlist but at the same time, there were others that did not get removed. Some schools number students on the waitlist and have a first 'waited' first removed policy. Other schools evaluate everyone on the waitlist and pick someone when a seat becomes available, and then repeat this process everytime a seat becomes available. I'd suggest that you contact both programs and ask them how they do theirs. Also, ask them the trend in previous years for the numbers of seats that have become available. Hope this helps...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on a wait list as well. Last I heard I was about 6 people away, but the class is just about full. It'll be a close call. We were numbered, so you can get an idea what your odds are that way (typically the PT dept will let you know how deep into the waitlists they typically go each year). I don't think prospective students were removed unless they sent back a card to the school with a check box marked indicating they would like to be removed from the waitlist.

I've put in a deposit with another school, and notified them I'd be attending, just to keep my bases covered. If I get in the first, I'll just notify the other school I won't be going after all, and I'm sure they'll dig into their own wait list survivors as a result. I think this happens pretty commonly in grad school (a law student/friend told me tons of people in his class did this to keep their options open).

I hope this doesn't go until two weeks before school starts, since I'd have to do some last second planning on my commute as well as putting the other school in a tough spot when I pull out. I'm also taking 2 classes (1 a prereq for one, the other a prereq for the other) instead of 1 currently because of this situation. It's a small sacrifice to stay available for both schools.

About two months after I got put on a waitlist, the school called to accept me. I think you have a good chance of getting off the waitlist, especially since you're on two lists. Good luck!

Yeah, waitlists are a bit tricky. Some schools don't have rankings so it is sort of playing russian roulette. I am on five waitlists, so I really hope to get off of one of them soon. I already left a deposit with a school, just so that I have somewhere to go in the Fall, but it is not my #1 choice. Good luck!

Does anyone know the chances of getting in after you have been waitlisted to any of these school.. UMDNJ-Newark, Stockton, or Thomas Jefferson ??... :(...

Does anyone know the chances of getting in after you have been waitlisted to any of these school.. UMDNJ-Newark, Stockton, or Thomas Jefferson ??... :(...

I'm waitlisted too at Jefferson...good luck to both of us!

I'm waitlisted too at Jefferson...good luck to both of us!

Hi Malinka and JMPThopeful,

I don't know if this help much, but I was accepted 3/6/09 at Thomas Jefferson University and the admissions deposit is due 4/8/09. Hence, there might be some waitlist movement after the 8th. Good luck:thumbup:

I'm on the waiting list for SHU. How many people are generally on the waiting list?

Ukraine, been wondering the same thing... all i can tell you that there are at least twon of us

princezz..if you don't mind me asking when did you submit your application jefferson and what were you stats? im still waiting to hear back from them..thanks!

Hi Sunnydpt,

I submitted my application January 24, 2009. I was accepted with a Dean's Scholarship on March 6, 2009.

Gpa: 3.6
Volunteer Hours: 300 (inpatient/outpatient)
If you have any additional questions you are welcome to send me a PM or reply back here. Good Luck:luck:. When did you submit your application? They have a link on their website, which gives applicants a time frame of when they should hear back regarding admission decisions.

princezz..if you don't mind me asking when did you submit your application jefferson and what were you stats? im still waiting to hear back from them..thanks!

I am also on the waitlist at Thomas Jefferson and Ohio University. I called Thomas Jefferson a couple of weeks ago and they said that mid-april would be a good time to call back to get a better "understanding" of where you would "rank" (even though they don't numerically rank their waitlisted students). Good luck to everyone on waitlists, I wish you all the best.

The most recent update I have regarding the Thomas Jefferson University waitlist is that they have not filled the class and have not had to delve into the list of alternates yet. I received an email explaining this, that also requested notification if I wished to continue being considered as an alternate. This may be unuseful information to most people but I thought I would share it anyways because I have received very little notification about what to expect in the post-interview process. I hope what little information I do have benefits the community in some way.