This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted848116

Hey everyone!

So I'm currently sitting on 6 MD waitlists and 1 DO acceptance. I have an institutional action on my application for plagiarism/misattribution from two years ago which I thoroughly discussed on my app and it was only brought up in two of my interviews. I was just wondering whether I should hold up some hope in regards to getting off one of those MD waitlists given my situation and whether applicants with an IA of this kind can see any positive movement in the application cycle. When looking at the info these schools provided about waitlists, most of them mentioned it bein unranked. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!

So I'm currently sitting on 6 MD waitlists and 1 DO acceptance. I have an institutional action on my application for plagiarism/misattribution from two years ago which I thoroughly discussed on my app and it was only brought up in two of my interviews. I was just wondering whether I should hold up some hope in regards to getting off one of those MD waitlists given my situation and whether applicants with an IA of this kind can see any positive movement in the application cycle. When looking at the info these schools provided about waitlists, most of them mentioned it bein unranked. Thanks!
If they interviewed you, there's hope.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
NO! If the IA mattered you would have been a clear reject. The IA is unlikely to be part of any WL issue
I’m just an applicant myself but I disagree. If the IA is something that separates two applicants then I think it’s more likely for a seat to be offered to the applicant without an IA.

I’m just an applicant myself but I disagree. If the IA is something that separates two applicants then I think it’s more likely for a seat to be offered to the applicant without an IA.
There's an old saying that goes "those who know, don't speak. Those who speak, don't know." Not all IAs are the same

Reactions: 1 user
There's an old saying that goes "those who know, don't speak. Those who speak, don't know." Not all IAs are the same

But what would the general opinion be for an IA like mine (misattribution/plagiarism)? Because I have gotten so many waitlists, I feel like it is playing some part in the whole process. I thought I did well in the interviews and maintained an engaging conversation during them, and my academics are decent (LizzyM 70.5).

But what would the general opinion be for an IA like mine (misattribution/plagiarism)? Because I have gotten so many waitlists, I feel like it is playing some part in the whole process. I thought I did well in the interviews and maintained an engaging conversation during them, and my academics are decent (LizzyM 70.5).
Again, you wouldn't have gotten the interviews. Med schools don't have to time or interview slots to waste on nonviable candidates. Your wait list woes may be more due to the overall great conservatism in the MD world after the loss of the MAR, or your interview skills.

Reactions: 2 users
You may be onto something here. We don’t know because we are in not sitting in the committee for each of every school that waitlisted OP. And if we go by the old advice that every school handles their waitlist differently then you’re right we mustn’t speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.