Multi-depositing when waiting to decide between schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would it be wrong to pay deposit at a 2nd school without withdrawing from the 1st?

• Yes

• No

• Can't say

Results are only viewable after voting.

undecided2021

Reaction score
Would it be wrong to pay deposit at a 2nd school without withdrawing from the 1st?

I can imagine that a lot of people would be against this. But I request that we think objectively. Some of us may end up in similar situations by the end of the cycle and while folks say its a good problem to have - it is a problem.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulation's on your acceptance. We are all in this together and I am very happy for your success.!

I understand it is a good problem to have, but accepting admission in one school and then holding on another spot at a different school doesn't seem fair to all others out there who are desperately praying and holding on to some hope of getting an admission. I would suggest for you to decide and notify the school at the earliest, so that the spot can be provided to another well deserving candidate.

Congratulation's on your acceptance. We are all in this together and I am very happy for your success.!

I understand it is a good problem to have, but accepting admission in one school and then holding on another spot at a different school doesn't seem fair to all others out there who are desperately praying and holding on to some hope of getting an admission. I would suggest for you to decide and notify the school at the earliest, so that the spot can be provided to another well deserving candidate.
Thank you for your reply.
Like I mentioned earlier, I understand it is a difficult position to be in, especially for the reasons you pointed out and I can empathize with that point of view.

For now I have time before I have to decide and pay the deposit. I am currently interviewing with my dream school and hopefully would find out soon.

Members don't see this ad :)

I can imagine that a lot of people would be against this. But I request that we think objectively. Some of us may end up in similar situations by the end of the cycle and while folks say its a good problem to have - it is a problem.
It is very hard to decide. Pay and don't even think about it

It is very hard to decide. Pay and don't even think about it
Thanks for replying.

It is hard indeed. Were you in a similar situation?

Also, I was thinking I wont be cheating anyone out of a seat. People are put on a waitlist, and would be called if someone accepted declines - which of course I would do ( can't attend both schools and schools don't let the seats go unfilled ). So all in all, I am only increasing the time to wait for someone while I take the time to make the best choice for myself.

Thank you for your reply.
Like I mentioned earlier, I understand it is a difficult position to be in, especially for the reasons you pointed out and I can empathize with that point of view.

For now I have time before I have to decide and pay the deposit. I am currently interviewing with my dream school and hopefully would find out soon.
Hi!
Just following up to see your current status and how your interview went with your dream school.
Hope everything went well.
Good luck!

Hi!
Just following up to see your current status and how your interview went with your dream school.
Hope everything went well.
Good luck!
Hello,
Thanks for checking back. Happy to report I did get into my dream school ( UCSF ).

I am wondering which is a better option - CU or UCSF. If you set cost aside, I would graduate 6 months sooner at CU ( they start early ). Time as Dentist vs Time as Dental Asst. - no brainer really.

But besides all that, Ive been trying to understand the relative advantages/disadvantages between the two. Appreciate any help.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
Thanks for checking back. Happy to report I did get into my dream school ( UCSF ).

I am wondering which is a better option - CU or UCSF. If you set cost aside, I would graduate 6 months sooner at CU ( they start early ). Time as Dentist vs Time as Dental Asst. - no brainer really.

But besides all that, Ive been trying to understand the relative advantages/disadvantages between the two. Appreciate any help.
Congratulations! About how long does one have to accept a seat in UCSF?