VetCor, Thrive, and other similar companies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VetMedVetMed

-
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience working with companies like VetCor, Vet’s Best Friend, Mission Veterinary Partners, Community Veterinary Partners, Northeast Veterinary Partners, Thrive, NVA, and other similar ones? I’ve seen other practices offering large sign on bonuses but not from these companies in fact I’ve seen lower starting salaries from these companies. Does anyone have experience working with any of these companies or know about them?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have not worked for NVA but they currently have negative accrual which I did not like. They don’t do it for the first 6 months so at least there’s that so you don’t start out going down hill as a new grad without being able to catch up ever. They also do unpaid time off. So when you take your days off, you fall behind on production. Supposedly they are considering getting rid of negative accrual from what a recruiter told me when I told her it was why I was not interested in speaking with any of the NVA clinics directly.
I went to a dinner lecture sponsored by Thrive and they talked a bit about their company too. I can’t remember exactly what it was anymore, but I just didn’t like something about them.

I have not worked for NVA but they currently have negative accrual which I did not like. They don’t do it for the first 6 months so at least there’s that so you don’t start out going down hill as a new grad without being able to catch up ever. They also do unpaid time off. So when you take your days off, you fall behind on production. Supposedly they are considering getting rid of negative accrual from what a recruiter told me when I told her it was why I was not interested in speaking with any of the NVA clinics directly.
I went to a dinner lecture sponsored by Thrive and they talked a bit about their company too. I can’t remember exactly what it was anymore, but I just didn’t like something about them.
Thank you for your response. Do you know if the negative accrual and unpaid time off the same for all of the NVA clinics they have?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your response. Do you know if the negative accrual and unpaid time off the same for all of the NVA clinics they have?
Yep. Every one that does prosal (recruiter said vast majority do but I think some do straight salary). It was directly from the recruiter :)

Reactions: 1 user
Both NVA and MVP offered large sign on bonuses where I am, in fact MVP was one of my highest offers but the clinic was undesirable in other ways. MVP also had the elite 50 where if you signed prior to Jan 1 your salary started Feb 15 - so a 34k signing bonus on top of the other signing bonus.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
My clinic was just bought out by NVA a few months ago. We are in the midst of transition, but so far has been a good experience. There is NO negative accrual in my contract (and I would not have signed, either). Additionally, this transition allowed for me to buy into the practice (1% ownership, but hey gotta start somewhere).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I applied to a Thrive in my home town. It was the largest offer I got (110k + production, traditional benefits). 3.5 day work weeks.. However, I hate the model. 15 minute appointments for wellness, 30 minutes for sick appointments. For the majority of their offices, you're the only doctor there during your shift except for an hour during the half day exchange. I didn't bother going to the clinic itself. Those were big turn offs for me.

Reactions: 1 users