Vet School with Spanish Course/Elective/Etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kittylady03

Tufts c/o 2024
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone!

I'm a first year student at Tufts - myself and some other students are looking to spearhead starting a Spanish course/elective for vet students (through administration and curriculum committee, with help from our diversity council and LatinxVMA student chapter). I was wondering if any other vet schools have something in place or are working towards adding this to their curriculum (either for Spanish or another language). I tried searching but I didn't have any luck, and was thinking that information might not be on the public admissions websites.

thanks in advanced!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Purdue doesn't have an elective, but they do have an informal, no-commitment Spanish class that meets 1-2 times a week during lunch to learn conversational Spanish (this might have changed because of Covid though). It's taught by the students who know Spanish as a first language usually.

Members don't see this ad :)
Illinois has an elective for Spanish. You do need to be pretty familiar with the language to start though because it’s pretty much just medical stuff afaik. I know 0 Spanish so I didn’t sign up. It’s taught by one of our Spanish speaking faculty who also helps teach anatomy and histo.

Reactions: 1 user
Ohio state has an elective for it and Colorado State has a 2 course series

Reactions: 1 user
hello again! thank you all for your responses! if any of you are able to/have the time to, would you be able to private message me with more information about the class or someone I can contact regarding it? we'd like to have some examples of other vet schools when presenting the idea to administration :)