Variation in GPAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mister Significant

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My academic advisor gave me a statistic that 78% of the students from my school with a 3.2+ science gpa and a 500+ MCAT gain acceptance into a DO program. The 3.2-3.4 range is considered low, so I was wondering if shes right.

Members don't see this ad.

My academic advisor gave me a statistic that 78% of the students from my school with a 3.2+ science gpa and a 500+ MCAT gain acceptance into a DO program. The 3.2-3.4 range is considered low, so I was wondering if shes right.
Did she give a source? Because that seems like an extremely high amount for schools averages to be 3.6/3.7...and an MCAT average of 506/507. Most of the established ones are at that level but even the "newer" schools don't have averages low enough for that to be true in my opinion

Reactions: 1 user
Did she give a source? Because that seems like an extremely high amount for schools averages to be 3.6/3.7...and an MCAT average of 506/507. Most of the established ones are at that level but even the "newer" schools don't have averages low enough for that to be true in my opinion
Yeah thats what I thought. However, I did start looking at different schools' GPAs and the average at my school is a 3.0 overall, with a 2.8 for science classes. Some private schools have a cumulative gpa of 3.3. I saw a post a while back from an ADCOM on how they are aware of certain GPA's coming out of certain schools, I was looking at getting feedback about that.