UVA Applicants/Interviewees/Accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMac92

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For any persons that either applied or interviewed or accepted at UVA, could you please post your stats. I have my sights on this school and I would like to know what I should aim for (even though I know I should try for a 4.0 and 45).

Also on a separate note, when I see people who posted their MCAT scores, they will have a letter next to it, ex. 29Q. What does that mean?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Also on a separate note, when I see people who posted their MCAT scores, they will have a letter next to it, ex. 29Q. What does that mean?

Thats the writing score from J through T

The higher the better !

Thats the writing score from J through T

The higher the better !

higher meaning.... later in the alphabet. T is good, J is not so good.

UVA's average stats for those accepted in 2008/9 were 3.7/33

2561 applied, 534 interviewed, 332 were accepted, 143 enrolled.

Members don't see this ad :)
go to http://mdapplicants.com/ and "search profiles" for applicants who interviewed or were accepted at UVA :cool:

Okay, thanks for the information. I had no idea this site existed. Pardon me for my ignorance. Ill go hide in a corner while you wear your shades at night and smirk at me

keep in mind that uva is a state school. in-state applicants have a higher acceptance rate (it was approx 200/700 in-state vs. 150/2500 out of state the year i applied). i went to uva (from out of state) and i loved the school. also, charlottesville is a great town to live in. i'd recommend it to anyone.

higher meaning.... later in the alphabet. T is good, J is not so good.

UVA's average stats for those accepted in 2008/9 were 3.7/33

2561 applied, 534 interviewed, 332 were accepted, 143 enrolled.

Our averages are higher...though I'm not sure by how much, they just mentioned at our white coat ceremony that our averages were the highest in UVA history... for the third year in a row.

We also had a record enrollment, with 155 eventually enrolling, and 18 deferring until next year.

Do the stats still stand for this? Anyone else from this cycle get in? Mind telling me your stats? Also anyone get into to any VA schools?

I applied this cycle and was accepted miraculously. My stats were on the lower side of their average (3.4/33). But this just goes to show the importance of applying early and having other things on your application that can make up for so-so stats.

I interviewed pretty early-ish and was accepted in October. 3.8/36Q. I was an in-state UVA undergrad, though. I'm not sure if I was considered in-state for my application, so I don't know if that helped...I claimed VA residency on my app but I currently live in CA.

I interviewed in September and received my acceptance letter in October. You can check out my profile for stats. Best of luck!

For the class of 2014 (my class) there were roughly 4200 applicants, 600 interviews and 155 spots.

The matriculant stats were:

GPA: 3.77

MCAT: 34.54 Q (PS: 11.80, VR: 10.84, BS: 11.90)

46% Virginians

19% Underrepresented in medicine

You can look at UVA in the latest MSAR in order to see the median stats that they accept. That should give you a good ball-park "goal". Since they've opened the new education building and implemented their new curriculum, admissions has become very competitive. Just try your best and seek out meaningful experiences in college!

is uva a good school for oos applicants to apply to? it seems more oos friendly than other public schools

is uva a good school for oos applicants to apply to? it seems more oos friendly than other public schools
Our stats are pretty competitive, but you'd be hard-pressed to find many state schools that have a class of 55% OOS students (like our current class). Just from what I've heard from friends, I'd imagine the Univ of Michigan is similarly very receptive, but I can't think of any other schools that would admit that many. If Pitt is public, then maybe them.

Status
Not open for further replies.