UT Austin Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you sure that they have individual interviews? I think it is just MMI.
Yeah, I think it's just the MMI. Another school I interviewed had both so I wasn't sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wanted to ask this in case any of y'all have an answer: I'm taking an unsual Junior level Literature class (Children's Literature) for the Lit credit. Do you think they'll give me a hard time for not doing the ones listed on the pre-requisites page (they were all sophomore level courses).

Email [email protected] and ask. They're (usually) very quick to respond. I got approved, strictly thru email, for my zoology/plant biology to sub for bio1/2 in one day. If they do say "no", isn't it better to know now (e.g.you could still take a second 8-weeks spring course at a CC as of right now).

Sent from my SM-G928T using SDN mobile

Email [email protected] and ask. They're (usually) very quick to respond. I got approved, strictly thru email, for my zoology/plant biology to sub for bio1/2 in one day. If they do say "no", isn't it better to know now (e.g.you could still take a second 8-weeks spring course at a CC as of right now).

This is my second time e-mailing them about it -I'm thinking my e-mail got lost the first time. Hopefully it's approved!

How do you guys think about the interview? I believe they have interviewed about 300 people, so our chance for getting in is around %25.

How do you guys think about the interview? I believe they have interviewed about 300 people, so our chance for getting in is around %25.
According to their survey info on PharmCAS, they interview about 250 and will admit 125. I counted everyone at my interview (Jan 20th at 1pm) during the dismissal and if you multiply it by 4 (given that they have 2 rounds of interviews on 2 days) it's right around 250. http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/1749

Reactions: 1 user
Well, it looks like UT followed the same timeline they did last year. I got the admissions offer phone call earlier this evening!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got a call saying I got accepted. ☺️

Congratulations to you guys.
They have not called me yet So probably I am not accepted :(

Congratulations to you guys.
They have not called me yet So probably I am not accepted :(
I wouldn't give up hope yet, at all. From now until the end of March there will be, as there is every year, a game of admissions musical chairs. Remember that you can hold multiple accepted admissions offers until March 1st, and there are some people who are now accepting offers from UT who will NOT end up matriculating there this fall for various reasons. For example, I saw on the SDN UT class of 2021 thread that someone who said they were like #17 or something on the waitlist ended up getting in. You're not licked yet!

Does anyone have any idea what they're doing about housing? I was told by UT that there was a 2 year wait list for grad student housing. To any current UT students: are there any particular places/neighborhoods/complexes that Pharm.D. students seem to frequently gravitate towards, given the college seems to be on the NW side of campus?

Does anyone have any idea what they're doing about housing? I was told by UT that there was a 2 year wait list for grad student housing. To any current UT students: are there any particular places/neighborhoods/complexes that Pharm.D. students seem to frequently gravitate towards, given the college seems to be on the NW side of campus?

Majority of the pharmacy students that I spoke with during my interview said to try and stay in north campus. It's away from the undergrads and Greek life, yet walking distance from classes and there's a shuttle that goes through there.

To everyone who will be matriculating this fall: I created a FB group named "OFFICIAL UTCOP Class of 2022". Search and join! I think I remember being told at my interview that last years class uses theirs all the time, and as an unofficial official means of communication.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to see who my classmates would be this fall!
My name is Jessica and I got accepted a few weeks ago. I was deciding between texas tech in Abilene, A&M at college station campus and UT Austin. I finally chose Austin, but I’ve never lived in a big city so I’m definitely nervous about living there lol! I will join that Facebook group I saw up there, but I don’t know anyone who is going to school in Austin so I wanted to reach out on this forum and introduce myself Congrats to everyone who got in!!