UT Austin Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emily333

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied ED to UT Austin? Has anyone heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone applied ED to UT Austin? Has anyone heard back yet?

I applied early admissions. They sent me an email to go ahead and book my flight since I'm out of state, but I will officially know by Sept 22nd if I got an interview. Can I ask your stats? I'm getting anxious and curious how mine compare to everyone applying. I got an undergrad in Chemistry with 3.4 GPA, Master's of business administration with 3.9 GPA, 97th % PCAT, 2 years of certified Pharm tech work, and 1 years of cartilage regeneration research. I also heard if you get an interview, you're pretty much accepted.

I applied early admissions. They sent me an email to go ahead and book my flight since I'm out of state, but I will officially know by Sept 22nd if I got an interview. Can I ask your stats? I'm getting anxious and curious how mine compare to everyone applying. I got an undergrad in Chemistry with 3.4 GPA, Master's of business administration with 3.9 GPA, 97th % PCAT, 2 years of certified Pharm tech work, and 1 years of cartilage regeneration research. I also heard if you get an interview, you're pretty much accepted.
Wow your stats make me really nervous :( I graduated in 3 years with a BS in Biology and a 3.65 GPA, 97% on PCAT, 8 months of tech experience so far and was in a couple of organizations at school but thats it! Good luck! Let me know if you get an interview for sure! Do you know how many people they interviewed ED last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow your stats make me really nervous :( I graduated in 3 years with a BS in Biology and a 3.65 GPA, 97% on PCAT, 8 months of tech experience so far and was in a couple of organizations at school but thats it! Good luck! Let me know if you get an interview for sure! Do you know how many people they interviewed ED last year?

Your stats are great too! I'm really nervous but confident that our stats will do us well. Definitely let me know when you hear anything! I'm seriously checking my email every 10 mins. I was reading that of approximately 60ish ED interviewed, 50 were accepted. So fingers crossed we're both interviewing here in a few weeks!

Hey guys. Didn't apply early decision but did apply for regular decision.
3.68 GPA and will be graduating with a BS in Biochemistry in May 2018, 98th percentile, 2 summers of tech experience and one year of biophysical chemistry research

Has anyone heard anything today? Today is suppose to be the day they inform early admissions about interviews.

Has anyone heard anything today? Today is suppose to be the day they inform early admissions about interviews.
I'm in-state and have friends that currently go to UT COP that said not to expect anything until next week or so but I'm not sure for out of state! Did you end up hearing anything?

I'm in-state and have friends that currently go to UT COP that said not to expect anything until next week or so but I'm not sure for out of state! Did you end up hearing anything?

No, I haven't heard a word yet :( they did email me about 2 weeks ago that all students should know by today at the latest. Maybe they are running behind. They did say they were over whelmed with the number of applicants

They emailed me saying everyone should be notified by this Friday now. I'm going crazy waiting!

Finally heard back and got an interview October 15th!!!

Me too!! What time? I'm noon!
Mine is showing from 10-2, but looks like the first MMI group to go. What about you? And how are you going to prepare for them? I was thinking look up pharmacy news

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Emily! How did you feel about the interview? I thought it went fairly well!
I think so too. I definitely don’t think I did bad but I also felt like their questions kinda made it difficult to answer with something super standout. I feel like most people probably gave similar answers. I’m super nervous about calls tomorrow! Good luck! Hope to see you next year :)

I think so too. I definitely don’t think I did bad but I also felt like their questions kinda made it difficult to answer with something super standout. I feel like most people probably gave similar answers. I’m super nervous about calls tomorrow! Good luck! Hope to see you next year :)
Finally got a call and got accepted!!! What about you?

Hello guys,
Congrats to all of you! I have also submitted my application for regular decision.
Any suggestion if I get an interview?

Hello guys,
Congrats to all of you! I have also submitted my application for regular decision.
Any suggestion if I get an interview?
Search practice MMI scenarios. Mainly ethical. They are pretty extreme, but once you get to the interview they will be a breeze since you practice the hard ones.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys recall how many questions you were asked / how many MMI stations there were?
There were 6 stations that were all back to back. Then we had about 6 more stations that were either with another candidate or in front of a group of interviewers that were more laid back.

There were 6 stations that were all back to back. Then we had about 6 more stations that were either with another candidate or in front of a group of interviewers that were more laid back.
Awesome! Thank you. I applied regular decision

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck! Hope to become classmates!
I hope so too! It's so hard though because I already have had one interview and acceptance, and three more interviews in November. It sucks waiting all the way till January for interviews!!!! :(

Do you guys know when will they send the interviews for regular decision?

I just got my offer for an interview.

One question that I haven't been able to figure out: does UT Austin allow OOS students to establish residency for the second year and in? They have an unbeatable in-state tuition and me going there is only viable if I get in-State residency after the first year.

I just received an interview date for 1/20/17. Submitted app on November 1st :) good luck yal!

I just got my interview offer as well! I'm hoping to sign up for the interview on 1/20 at 8AM.

The 6 other stations with other candidate or in front group of interviewers. Are those also MMI?

I have decided to decline my interview offer. Best of luck to you all!

Out of curiosity, why did you decline?
I'm trying to decide whether or not to decline considering it sounds like it's impossible to get in-state tuition after being branded OOS.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to decline considering it sounds like it's impossible to get in-state tuition after being branded OOS.
I think you can get in-state tuition if you're a resident in Texas for at least 1 year.
But yeah, I've heard out-of-state tuition is ridiculous.

I think what I've gathered is that it's hard. Apparently the rule is you can be considered in-state if you have worked in Texas for a continuous year or have owned a livable residential real estate for a year. The latter condition was changed a few years ago to close a loophole where it was just real estate period; people were buying small plots of land in the middle of nowhere for a couple hundred dollars.

So it sounds like it's almost impossible. But, someone, please correct me if I'm wrong!

I just got my offer for an interview.

One question that I haven't been able to figure out: does UT Austin allow OOS students to establish residency for the second year and in? They have an unbeatable in-state tuition and me going there is only viable if I get in-State residency after the first year.

I am purchasing a house house in June to establish residency. P2 year I will have in state tuition. Another option is to average 20 hours of work for a year. They are both fairly reasonable options. Most schools do not offer this.

The 6 other stations with other candidate or in front group of interviewers. Are those also MMI?
They are MMI format. The 6 stations are with a few faculty members... but you will ha e other stations with groups of current students. It's a little bit of everything

I am purchasing a house house in June to establish residency. P2 year I will have in state tuition. Another option is to average 20 hours of work for a year. They are both fairly reasonable options. Most schools do not offer this.

I wouldn't exactly say working half-time or buying a house is "reasonable." Hard to do well in school working that much and many can't afford a house.

I wouldn't exactly say working half-time or buying a house is "reasonable." Hard to do well in school working that much and many can't afford a house.

Considering most schools don't allow you to be consider for instate until you have owned a house for 4 years, that is pretty nice of them to do after one. Plus averaging 20 hours a week truly isn't an overwhelming amount. You can work full time in summers to make up for test weeks. I think they are being generous in their requirements.. tough, but 100% doable

I got accepted into my dream school and don't want to look back lol

Considering most schools don't allow you to be consider for instate until you have owned a house for 4 years, that is pretty nice of them to do after one. Plus averaging 20 hours a week truly isn't an overwhelming amount. You can work full time in summers to make up for test weeks. I think they are being generous in their requirements.. tough, but 100% doable

Some schools are more generous. When I went to Colorado, they told me all you need to do is get a driver's license, register to vote, actually vote, and sign a lease. Working obviously doesn't hurt, either.

Some schools are more generous. When I went to Colorado, they told me all you need to do is get a driver's license, register to vote, actually vote, and sign a lease. Working obviously doesn't hurt, either.

That's actually is really nice. Interesting that it's in Colorado. I do know there are several states that do not allow for Colorado graduates to practice in. A had a couple friends begin there, then transfer for this reason. And I know students at KU and UMKC cannot practice in Colorado. I'm not sure of the reasoning why, but I wonder if this may be a reason why they make it easier to get in state tuition

That's actually is really nice. Interesting that it's in Colorado. I do know there are several states that do not allow for Colorado graduates to practice in. A had a couple friends begin there, then transfer for this reason. And I know students at KU and UMKC cannot practice in Colorado. I'm not sure of the reasoning why, but I wonder if this may be a reason why they make it easier to get in state tuition

I hadn't heard of this, so I looked it up. Something to do with reciprocity of accepting license transfers. It's not necessarily about the school, but where your current license is.

I also heard if you get an interview, you're pretty much accepted.
This was absolutely false a decade ago.

They were famous for rejecting candidates that they knew they were going to accept the following year if they reapplied

This was absolutely false a decade ago.

They were famous for rejecting candidates that they knew they were going to accept the following year if they reapplied

So I'm assuming you were one of these individuals? All but 4 got accepted in our interview group of the 60 for ED

So I'm assuming you were one of these individuals? All but 4 got accepted in our interview group of the 60 for ED
Nope.
But the dean of admissions told me exactly that once when i asked how a member of the class of 2010 got accepted with a really, REALLY low GPA and minimum acceptable PCAT.

Hi, can anyone provide what to expect for interview day? Maybe a rough itinerary. I know the interview is composed of 6 back to back MMI but I also read there are two other interviews that is done by current pharmD students; is this a group interview or is it a group activity that they will also judge is on? . My other concern is if there is an interview portion that asks the general interview questions.

Also @dru6src00 I did not hear anything about a group activity/interview. I think it's the MMI and an individual interview and then the rest of the time is touring and speaking to students/faculty.

How's everyones stats that's interviewing in January (if you're comfortable w/ sharing)?

@lalaland33 do you know how that individual interview is ran? Is it like a general interview with typical tell me about yourself questions?

@lalaland33 do you know how that individual interview is ran? Is it like a general interview with typical tell me about yourself questions?
I've been to two interviews and the questions were very similar for individual interviews. You must know why you want to go into pharmacy and be able to answer questions about yourself. SDN has a bunch of interview questions submitted by others and they were helpful :) For both interviews I had a faculty member and a current student/resident. I'm not sure if it's the same for Austin.

Is anyone interviewing this Saturday at 8AM?

Also @dru6src00 I did not hear anything about a group activity/interview. I think it's the MMI and an individual interview and then the rest of the time is touring and speaking to students/faculty.

How's everyones stats that's interviewing in January (if you're comfortable w/ sharing)?
Are you sure that they have individual interviews? I think it is just MMI.