UT Austin Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this the first year they have MMIs? UT's website says Fall 2015. Does that mean this application cycle or the class starting in Fall 2015 (meaning last year's application cycle)?

Members don't see this ad.

Last year was the first year of MMIs! Our class had to do it too.

Thanks so much pharm9880! How long did it take for you to hear back from them after your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it was like three or four weeks after the interview, but I'm not entirely certain. You can definitely find out from last year's thread though.

Do they ask any personal or traditional interview questions during the MMI or are the questions all based on given scenarios?

Last year they were all scenarios! But you never know

It is definitely helpful! It will make you a lot more confident in your answers. But you won't be asked anything objective.

Anyone want to say how the interview went?! I have mine on the 6th..getting a little nervous!

Anyone want to say how the interview went?! I have mine on the 6th..getting a little nervous!

I interviewed on Saturday at 8 AM, and I can honestly say that it's nothing to freak out about. I was really freaking nervous going into the first room, but the faculty/students in the room make you feel so comfortable, that it just seems like a fun conversation about something we're dedicating the rest of our lives to. I would say, that when it comes to scenarios, make sure that you have a strong point of view and you're able to defend it.
Just be confident. They want us, as much as we want them!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed on Saturday at 8 AM, and I can honestly say that it's nothing to freak out about. I was really freaking nervous going into the first room, but the faculty/students in the room make you feel so comfortable, that it just seems like a fun conversation about something we're dedicating the rest of our lives to. I would say, that when it comes to scenarios, make sure that you have a strong point of view and you're able to defend it.
Just be confident. They want us, as much as we want them!
Its nice to know the experience was not so scary, I literally imagined us going into rooms with our questions and literally being judged by faculty that is trained to show no emotion! one question , when entering the room are we expected to introduce ourselves or do we go in the rooms attacking the question, just a thought. I didn't know weather the time would limit you from wanting to do so.

Its nice to know the experience was not so scary, I literally imagined us going into rooms with our questions and literally being judged by faculty that is trained to show no emotion! one question , when entering the room are we expected to introduce ourselves or do we go in the rooms attacking the question, just a thought. I didn't know weather the time would limit you from wanting to do so.

So I went in the room, introduced myself, shook their hands then sat down. I usually waited and they began the conversation and said "okay so can you talk about the situation etc.". They did show emotions, and actively discussed my answers which was nice

Reactions: 1 user
So I went in the room, introduced myself, shook their hands then sat down. I usually waited and they began the conversation and said "okay so can you talk about the situation etc.". They did show emotions, and actively discussed my answers which was nice
sweet! okay im glad to hear that its not awkward and you dont go in wondering who has the first word! Thank you so much for clearing that up for me! im sure you did great. I hope my interview is just as comfortable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I'm Dax--a current P1 at UT Austin--and I will be helping out with the interview session this weekend (morning session). If you have any questions concerning the MMI process or just the application process in general, feel free to ask any questions! Also, if you see me around this weekend don't hesitate to say hello!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, did anyone else who interviewed last weekend recieve an email from UT, just thanking us for coming and the whole interview process

Does anybody remember what dates they said the admissions board was going to meet?

Also, if I accepted a spot and put down a deposit at my second choice school will UT not accept me? I know that information is available to them through PharmCas but I'm scared about it influencing their decision:nailbiting:

Also, if I accepted a spot and put down a deposit at my second choice school will UT not accept me? I know that information is available to them through PharmCas but I'm scared about it influencing their decision:nailbiting:

No

Did anyone who interviewed last saturday (2/6) receive an email from UTCOP? like the people who interviewed on 1/30 said they did

Did they mention if the admissions board was having 2 meetings or just 1?

Did they mention if the admissions board was having 2 meetings or just 1?
From what I understand they said they would be meeting around the 13th but that's all they said so I'm not sure.

Any results yet? Sooooooo nervous from today.

I heard rumors we'd find out today but I guess no ones heard anything yet?

From previous years it's been the Tuesday after the committee meeting :confused:

From what I remember from the interview, they meet once mid-February and they notify us at the end of the month.

Based on last year, we might hear back next week. They heard back around the 24th on a Tuesday. I wouldn't hold my breath today but I think next week we should hear back for sure.

Update for all of you guys who are freaking out: The first admissions meeting is today at 10 AM, the second is next Wednesday at 10 AM. That means that the first day of decisions will be released either next Tuesday or the Tuesday after. But that's assuming they're consistent with last year.

Reactions: 7 users
Update for all of you guys who are freaking out: The first admissions meeting is today at 10 AM, the second is next Wednesday at 10 AM. That means that the first day of decisions will be released either next Tuesday or the Tuesday after. But that's assuming they're consistent with last year.
thank you for the update!

If they are consistent with last year's admissions process, there will be more than one wave of phone calls and emails. The Tuesday following the first admissions meeting my friends either got an acceptance call, a rejection email, or a "still-in-review" email. I got a "still in review" email and did not get my acceptance call until the following week.

Hang in there y'all!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm assuming they started sending them out today? Someone I know has been accepted.

They literally just had their first meeting. It seems quite unlikely that someone has heard back. I mean, I guess it's possible. It's just really unlikely.

Reactions: 2 users
I've asked but they haven't replied. I do think it is too sudden but we'll see...:rolleyes:

Sooo anyone else who has gotten anything?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I think we'll hear by next week..today seems too sudden

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users