UT Austin Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmislyfe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I noticed that UT Austin didn't have a thread for this years cycle yet and since it is one of my top choices I wanted to create one! Hopefully there are more of you out there that are also wanting to apply here! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! Has anybody received an interview from UT?

UT Austin doesn't usually start sending invites until sometime in December, so I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if UT favors in-state students? I called them and they said no, but according to the statistics they accept far more in-state students than out-of-state ones.

Does anyone know if UT favors in-state students? I called them and they said no, but according to the statistics they accept far more in-state students than out-of-state ones.

I don't think they do, maybe not many out-of-state apply?

Hey guys! So last Friday I got an email from UT Reminding me to have all of my pharmcas and supplemental stuff submitted, complete, and paid for. I called earlier last week and they told me everything was in, but for some reason that email made me paranoid once again as to whether I turned all my stuff in. Was this just a general automated email to all applicants? Did you all get the same email? Thanks! :)

Hey guys! So last Friday I got an email from UT Reminding me to have all of my pharmcas and supplemental stuff submitted, complete, and paid for. I called earlier last week and they told me everything was in, but for some reason that email made me paranoid once again as to whether I turned all my stuff in. Was this just a general automated email to all applicants? Did you all get the same email? Thanks! :)
I got the same email too on Friday 10/30 I think it was a general email :D

Reactions: 1 user
I got the same email too on Friday 10/30 I think it was a general email :D
Thank you!!
Yay, everything is in and ready to get reviewed then! Best of luck to everyone who applied :)

Reactions: 1 users
Missed app deadline !

Hey guys! My name is Eli (pronounced like Ellie) and I'm a current P1 at UT. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck!

Hey guys! My name is Eli (pronounced like Ellie) and I'm a current P1 at UT. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck!
Hi Eli! I have a few questions.

1. Did you apply/get accepted to UH? And if so, what made you choose UT over UH?
2. How intense is UT's interview? I know that there's a group interview, MMI, and 2 on 1 interview. I felt that UH's interview was very chill and they didn't ask very difficult questions, so I was wondering if UT would ask deeper questions. Plus, do you have any tips for the MMI?
Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Eli! I have a few questions.

1. Did you apply/get accepted to UH? And if so, what made you choose UT over UH?
2. How intense is UT's interview? I know that there's a group interview, MMI, and 2 on 1 interview. I felt that UH's interview was very chill and they didn't ask very difficult questions, so I was wondering if UT would ask deeper questions. Plus, do you have any tips for the MMI?
Thank you so much!

I did apply to UH and I was offered an interview but I got into UT before the date of my interview so I chose not to go. UT was my top pick because of its ranking, location, proximity to home, tuition, and how I felt about it and their students at the interview. UT's interviews are more intense and they do ask deeper questions but don't stress. My advice would be to be relaxed and to remember things you've done in the past that you can pull from when they ask you specific questions. I would also practice with questions online and familiarize yourself with the pharmacy field. They want to know that you're aware of some of the issues in pharmacy and knowledgeable about the field that you want to get into. Other than that just smile and be yourself :) Once you get an interview, they just want to see if you're a good fit for the school. Chances are is that if you don't get admission, it's probably not a good fit for you either.

Hi! :) I wonder if UT-Austin favors in-state students? Also, when did you get an interview invitation last year? Thank you for your help!

Hi! :) I wonder if UT-Austin favors in-state students? Also, when did you get an interview invitation last year? Thank you for your help!
Hey! UT does not favor in-state students. In fact, they do not determine your status until you are admitted into the school. I received my invitation on December 16th!

I'm fairly certain that you only need to do the academic update on PharmCAS when it is released. If UT wants you to send anything directly to them, they will email you about it.

Has anyone received an interview yet? I'm still waiting . I hope I get one.

Interview invites still haven't been sent out. Be on the look out in the next week or two! Everyone will get their interview invites at the same time, so this forum will probably blow up when it happens.

By the way, I am also a P1 here at UT! If anyone has questions, feel free to contact me!

I just got the interview email ~15mins ago

Just got the e-mail as well! Not sure if I will attend though.

I got an interview invite too! SO SO SO excited!!:soexcited:

Got my invite!! So excited!! This is my number one choice

Anyone else get the wait list email? I'm told I am on a "short wait list." How short is short.......

Got an interview!!! Can P1's on this thread share some helpful tips/advice? Anything you wish you knew when you interviewed or found helpful??? @pharm9880 @eliafua

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten an interview so far! There should be more invites coming out though... So don't be discouraged if you haven't gotten anything yet! My big thing on interview day is that I didn't know that parking isn't cheap near UT. You basically have to park in a parking garage. So there's that. But, as far as real interview advice goes, just be yourself. This process is all about seeing if you are a good match for the school and if the school is a good match for you. Don't be nervous! Enjoy the interview day. If you end up coming here, so many people from your interview day will become some of your best friends. Make sure that you are professional during the entirety of the day though... But that should be rather obvious.

Reactions: 2 users
That's what I would say! If you have anything unique about yourself or interesting knowledge about pharmacy, then I would incorporate that into my answers when appropriate. The interview really is to see if you'd be a good match & chances are that if you're not chosen, it's probably not a good match for you either. It's funny because even though we're all so different, we're very similar in a lot of ways & you'll find that each school has a different vibe & their students have similar personalities and goals. Good luck! I'll be there on both interview days so I hope to see some of you there :)

Okay so they said that they will still be sending out emails for the next day or two and that we would get an email no matter what the decision is (interview, wait list, denial, etc.) and she said to also check junk mail! :)

Nope not yet... Hopefully tomorrow :/

I got an interview invite! It was yesterday though, I just now saw it.

Hey guys I'm signed up for the Jan 30th morning session. Anyone else going to be there

Signed up for Feb 6 afternoon. 8 AM is too early for me lol.

Will there be a group exercise and/or 1 on 2 interview? From the email, it seemed like there would just be an MMI.

Last year there was a group exercise type thing. It was my favorite station and nothing to fret over. Also, I'll be there all day on Feb 6th! I'm helping with the Q&A session in the morning and I'm helping with MMIs in the afternoon. I hope to see some of you guys there!

I was on the waitlist to be interviewed and I got an email yesterday for my invite to interview!! I can't believe it!!
Signed up for feb 6th at 8am!

Just curious, but does the date of your interview matter? For example, the ones that have an earlier interview date had a better application or is it random?

Does anyone know how to prepare for the MMI? This will be my first interview like this. I don't know how to prepare for it

Any tips for MMI preparation? So nervous!

I know that a helpful tip isn't to just not be nervous... But just don't be nervous. The only problem people seem to have with the MMI is getting psyched out about the mere concept. You go room to room where you answer one question per room. You get one or two minutes to read the question before you have to go into the room and address it. In this regard, it is significantly easier than a normal interview.

That being said, just make sure you know yourself. Standard interviews test for what you have done and where you want to go. This interview tests who you are as a person. Be confident in yourselves, know your values, communicate effectively, and always show compassion. And honestly, just enjoy your day there. Talk to the fellow applicants, talk to the students, feel free to ask all sorts of questions, and most importantly, don't stress about the interview. Trust me on this one.